“Hidden gem”

Waraku
Ranked #38 of 240 Restaurants in Suwanee
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

It’s a hidden gem in this town.
Best sushi and roll in this area!!
Sushi was so decent and super fresh.
reasonable price but small portion.

Donkatsu is soooo good too.
Udon? not bad.. soup doesn’t tastes good.
I really love this place!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I had a bad experience with this restaurant several years ago and quit going. My husband wanted to give another try. I ordered Nabeyaki-udon. The soup tasted some chemicals, and my husband agreed. So, all I did was sipping little soup and complained to the restaurant. They charged this awful Nabeyaki-udon. I will never ever go back there again!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Decent food, though in small quantities. Good service. Attractive, trendy interior. Would revisit if/when in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

This tiny hole in the wall has the best sushi around! Hubby and I have tried many sushi places in Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. This one is in the top three! Great service, reasonable prices, and it's never crowded. Highly recommend! Even our 7, 11, & 14-year-old love it! By the way, the kids meals have a ton of food.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I must say that I'm disappointed, because I had such high hopes for this restaurant based on the other reviews I found online. We went early Friday evening, it was us and only one other table of ladies in the whole place at the time we were seated, so we figured we'd get great service and our food would come out quick....wrong :( There were 2 young waitresses working at the time we went (the place is small, and a 2 person waitstaff would be sufficient even during peak dining hours). One of the girls took our drink order, and came back rather quickly, and then the other came and got our dinner/sushi order, then the first girl came back to get our dinner order about 5 minutes later not knowing or realizing that the other girl had swooped in and taken it I suppose. Then after that we didn't see either of them for about 15 minutes, and we had to flag one of them down (literally wave our hands in the air) to ask about the crab & avocado salad we ordered for our appetizer, the girls response "oh, right"....she had forgotten :(. And that only other table of diners, well one of the ladies tried to get one of the waitresses attention by repeatedly saying "Excuse me, Miss", but the waitress seemed to be too involved in her conversation that she had been carrying on with the guy making sushi behind the counter (and no, it was not a conversation about sushi orders or anything dining related). The lady had to get up from her table and walk over to the waitress at the sushi bar to finally get her attention to ask for the check (I'm going to guess they probably did not leave a generous tip after that). We hoped the food would redeem the place, and make up for the service....wrong again :( Not that the sushi was bad, but I believe sushi should be served cold, or at the very least chilled, and all our rolls were room temperature (and no, none of them were meant to be served warm like some of the tempura rolls are). The flavors were ok, there weren't any rolls I was overly excited about on their menu or that you couldn't find in any other sushi restaurant out there. What was truly disappointing was our crab and avocado salad; sounded delicious but turned out to be a super heaping of what tasted like imitation crab drowning in their mayo sauce, on top of a few avocado slices and bagged lettuce, and definitely was not worth what we paid for it. To sum it up, probably not the worst (hey, the food didn't make us sick, so that's always a positive when you gamble with raw fish), but most definitely not worth what you'll end up paying, and not a restaurant I plan to revisit.

Been to Waraku? Share your experiences!