“Fresh dishes”

Yakitori Jinbei
Ranked #92 of 228 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Located in a strip mall you could easily miss this small restaurant. The interior is pretty bland and no frills. The menu offers a large variety of items including Yakitori, Ramen, Sushi, Tempora and more. While I'm not a huge Ramen fan, I did enjoy what I had. Service was pleasant. I would like to try the Sushi next time I visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

At first glance, you may pass up this gem hidden in a strip mall. The interior is quite simple and nothing special, but you're coming here for the food anyway... right?

The owner formerly ran a restaurant in Tokyo, so the food is authentic.

You start the meal with pickled veggies of some sort. They often change it up, so you never know exactly what you will get. I enjoy the pickled veggies that have a little spicy kick.

The ginger salad is as expected, and the miso is not what you typically find in Asian restaurants, it is MUCH better. The miso has a unique, made-from-actual-miso-paste flavor (vs. the packaged/powder variety you may be familiar with).

The yakitori (think mini kebabs but BETTER) is delicious and definitely on-par with yakitory we tried in Kyoto, Japan. We always order the salted variety instead of the teriyaki option so that we can really taste the meat or veggies - both have an amazing off-the-grill flavor. We typically order the 5 piece veggie and 5 piece meat yakitori combos to share while also ordering a main dish. Yakitory takes a while to cook, so it will probably arrive after your main dish instead of as an appetizer.

Unless the policy recently changed, yakitory is not served during lunch.

All the bowl dishes we've tried have been great, but we love the ramen. We've eaten at the top rated ramen restaurant in Tokyo and that one is still the winner, but the ramen here is delicious and on-par with some we tried in Japan.

The service is great and the atmosphere is casual. You will not be disappointed with Yakitori Jinbei.

1  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

My favorite type of restaurants are the locally owned, small and authentic cuisine type. Where people cook what has been in their family for generations. Not what is popular or mainstream. My son and I love the yakitori and ramen here. If you want something beyond the chains, try this place. It may be pricey but it's a family run business and I'm willing to pay a little more for something unique and help support a small business.

2  Thank MartiniDeanie
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Ramen was good. My kids loved the tempura. Yakitori was delicious. Grilled rice cake--to die for. Enjoyed the soup and pickled cucumber as well.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We have been to Yakitori twice and it was a pleasant experience both times. We enjoyed the little pickled vegs servings, miso soup and the small grilled meat skewers, chicken terayaki rice bowl (with scambled eggs) good sushi, saki and Asahi. Not inexpensive, but not too rough on the wallet either.

Been to Yakitori Jinbei? Share your experiences!