“Kayaking with Norm!”

Kingfisher Paddleventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals, kayak rentals, lessons, and ecotours on St Simons Island, Jekyll Island, and the rest of the Golden Isles! We meet rental customers wherever they request, and our ecotours begin and end on the beach or other public access points. The details of each tour vary, depending on the tides and seasonal conditions, so we contact each customer to verify meeting places and times. Kingfisher Paddleventures prides itself on the quality of its service, and we take the time to ensure that your experience becomes a cherished memory. We never over-book excursions, we always think of your safety, and we strive to provide the best service available. We look forward to taking you out on the water! See ya soon!
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My husband and I, in our 60's, had a great time and felt very confident on our guided kayak tour with Norm. He is very experienced and was able to take us to a group of dolphins where we sat with the dolphins while they played for about a half hour. It was the experience of a lifetime and I will never forget it!

2  Thank Sally D
"adventure"
"marsh"
"simons"

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time out paddling with Logan on the marsh and beach tour. He allowed us all to feel comfortable on the paddle boards. It was out first time - our 10 year old son and his buddy did excellent - and the guide helped them feel confident in this new adventure. We saw dolphins, many birds, horses on the beach, and even the Good Year blimp floating overhead at the end of the trip :) would go again for sure!

2  Thank Megan H
Norm L, Owner at Kingfisher Paddleventures, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Megan,
Thank you for your review. I'm very happy to hear that you had such a great time with your family and that Logan made you feel comfortable. I hope you and your family will be back soon!
- Norm Leonard, Owner and CEO

Reviewed 5 February 2017

So glad we chose to go kayaking with Norm. I actually called his company by mistake while trying to call another local kayaking company, but he was so helpful and pleasant, I decided to book with him. I was so glad I did...Norm was the perfect choice.

My husband and I, who have kayaked many times, were traveling with my parents and had convinced them to go kayaking with us for the first time. Norm helped me arrange a private kayaking trip and was so patient and encouraging with them. With ease, he was able to create an eco experience that was both enjoyable and informative for all of us.

Norm has a wealth of knowledge and history about the island and surrounding areas, but has a down home way of sharing it that draws you in and leaves you wanting to know more. Please don't visit Jekyll Island without booking a trip with him!

2  Thank CummingsCoterie

Thank you for the kind words and excellent review! I remember you, your husband, and your parents. In fact, I use pictures from the tour in my social media ads from time to time because that day was a lot of fun for me, too. Your excursion was the highlight of *my* week, so I'm very happy to learn that you enjoyed it as well.

I hope you will come back sometime soon! We're growing and getting better at what we do every day, and I'd love to show you a different route or maybe get you on a paddleboard!

best,
Norm

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a large family group visiting St. Simons for the holidays and contacted SSI-SUP to arrange a stand up paddling afternoon for a large group of teens and adults. Norm was great to work with and met us at a beach access near our rental - putting an affordable family activity right at our fingertips! The boards looked practically new, the wet suits were new and in great condition - we had a great December afternoon paddle. Norm and Gwennie were friendly, knowledgeable and gave us just the right amount of support and instruction to get us on our way quickly. They also know a lot about St. Simons and were a great source of information about the area and the natural environment.

1  Thank Lois W

Hi Lois!

I'm very happy that your group had such a good time with us! Gwennie and I certainly enjoyed working with you, and it was a great way to wrap up 2016.

If your family comes back to Saint Simons, I hope you'll come see us again. We'd love reconnect.

- Norm

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I decided to bring my significant other out to do a stand up paddle tour as a Christmas gift. We had a blast, I was very appreciative of the fact that SSI SUP allowed us to take a tour in December. If you enjoy being outdoors at all, then I highly recommend taking a day trip with Norm at SSI SUP.

1  Thank Trey B

Trey and Hannah! Thank you for the praise! I really enjoyed taking you two out on the water, and I'm still looking forward to your next excursion. It was impressive how both of you looked so comfortable on the paddleboards even though it was a relatively new experience. Come see me again soon!
- Norm