“Best Time”

Kingfisher Paddleventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals, kayak rentals, lessons, and ecotours on St Simons Island, Jekyll Island, and the rest of the Golden Isles! We meet rental customers wherever they request, and our ecotours begin and end on the beach or other public access points. The details of each tour vary, depending on the tides and seasonal conditions, so we contact each customer to verify meeting places and times. Kingfisher Paddleventures prides itself on the quality of its service, and we take the time to ensure that your experience becomes a cherished memory. We never over-book excursions, we always think of your safety, and we strive to provide the best service available. We look forward to taking you out on the water! See ya soon!
Reviewed 8 May 2016

We were at Jeckyll Island for a wedding and had always wanted to try paddle boarding. I found the website from searching online. John was amazing!! We had the best time. 2 hours was a little long for my sister and I as newbies. But John was amazing helping us and really knowledgeable about the island and wildlife! Highly recommend this company. Great customer service!

1  Thank Glitzy1294
"adventure"
"marsh"
"simons"

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I found SSI SUP via a google search and picked it over the other paddle board rental options on the island because it seemed like the most reasonable pricing. I called a day prior to make reservations and the lady on the other end was very friendly. When I showed up this morning John already had the boards on the beach. After telling us some great tips we took off for two hours and had the most fun morning. I want to paddle board every day! It's a great work out as well as a great way to relax. SSI SUP is a great and friendly company, thank you!

1  Thank SarahDSkis
Reviewed 15 July 2015

People who paddleboard say, "Go do it!". People who haven't dared yet think they cannot. These folks know how to get you up and paddling. I took a beginner's 1-hr private lesson $45 and have joined the paddlers. Go do it!

1  Thank Eacoy
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I went paddle boarding on Jekyll Island with John as my teacher/guide/encourager. It was such fun!! I'm 63 but he made me feel confident and comfortable about this venture. He's a great teacher and encourager! We saw porpoises and a manatee, lots of pretty birds and investigated a ship wreck! John seems very knowledgeable about the marine life and many other things. I was impressed at how educated he was, considering he's a surfer dude! I guess I didn't put those two together in my old brain! Tara was real good to keep in touch with me and make sure it all worked out. Great experience. I would definitely recommend this to even old folks like me!

1  Thank Betty W