Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hampton.comUSD 248
Expedia.comUSD 246
PricelineUSD 246
Hotels.comUSD 246
Agoda.comUSD 248
ZenHotels.comUSD 254
All reviews redfern village great hotel winn dixie clean rooms convenient location short drive st simons bagels cvs island soul shutters elevator bedding ga
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on a last minute getaway. The staff were all friendly. The room was very clean and smelled great (not sure what they cleaned with but it was delightful.) The mattress was comfortable, though the pillows we're not great. We spent the few extra dollars and booked a whirlpool tub, which is attached to the shower, but was still nice. It's close to everything in the sense that it's a small island. Overall, I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cnowphotography
Reviewed 28 August 2020

My wife and I stayed here 1 night. We found a very positive experience. Room...good size, clean, well designed/organized. Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast (included) was adequate. Overall...very nice. Would stay here again, in the future.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank CarlH74vdc
Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

We needed a getaway after being cooped up from Covid. We were interested in St. Simon's Island because it was only a short drive away and the sightseeing opportunities were plentiful. A bonus was finding a Hampton Inn conveniently located on Demere Road and near the traffic circle. More about that later.
The physical location of the hotel is excellent. It is near many retail businesses including a Winn Dixie for groceries.

We were greeted warmly and welcomed as HHonors members. I was surprised that the only employee wearing a mask was the breakfast attendant. Our room preference and location were honored at this three-story property. It was our first Hilton stay since Covid; I had read about the CleanStay initiative on the website so I was interested to see the sticker on the door. This means the room has not been entered since it was cleaned and disinfected. I'm not actually sure what extra precautions are actually taken; I brought my own bottle of Clorox spray and gloves to wipe down all high touch areas.

The rooms are spacious. Expect the usual microwave and refrigerator.
Pull out drawers replace the traditional wooden chest of drawers. Wooden shutters close the windows in addition to the draperies. We appreciate good lighting; the light at the desk was very bright; the bedside lamps weren't as bright for reading. The coffee station is available although we missed the dark roast variety.

The traditional Hampton breakfast has changed dramatically with Covid. Gone are the scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, and oatmeal. Instead, expect packaged hard-boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, milk cartons, boxed cereals and yogurt. Breakfast is served from 6-10 a.m. No USA Today's were available; we stayed on weekdays.

We brought our bikes with us; on our last morning (after requesting a late check-out), we biked from the hotel, past the airport and down King's Way to 'downtown.' We accessed the beach from 10th Street and had a wonderful ride down the beach on hard-packed sand. My husband was able to get on a cement running trail just outside of the parking lot. The island is one big biking trail.

If you are not familiar with traffic circles, please do your homework and depend on your GPS. The hotel driveway is accessed through two businesses: "Pools and Spas" and "New Era Auto Spa." It is an awkward turn from the traffic circle. More than once, we missed our turn and had to turn around at Redfern Village.
For electric car owners, there are three plug-ins. I thought better care could have been taken with blowing off the parking lot of leaves and branches. A CVS is located adjacent to the parking lot. The renowned "Southern Soul" barbecue featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives is within easy walking distance as is Dominos Pizza. Traffic is a little crazy. Be sure to press the "Instant Walk Signal" which cautions drivers about pedestrians. Drives are extremely courteous and obey the flashing signals.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank MarnetteS
Reviewed 6 July 2020

Ok first of the positive. It was very clean and you can check in and out on your phone which is nice during Covid. Now the negative...It is NOT that close to the beach. It is hard to get to the beach because making a left out of the hotel is very hard. You have to drive everywhere because there is nothing good within walking distance even the Starbucks across the street was closed. While we were there some idiot let their dogs get in the pool and they had to close the pool. How the guy at the front desk didn't notice dogs in the pool area is beyond me. It was really frustrating not to be able to swim on the 4th of July. Ridiculous. The beds are just ok but the pillows are horrible so bring your pillow from home.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 991staceyj
Reviewed 30 June 2020 via mobile

The front desk staff melissa and lenny were rude. Lenny was really rude unhelpful and frankly acted like he did not like his job or cared about his job. Gm called me but at checkout lenny was still rude. I am a diamond hilton honors member and was only offered a 12 pm late checkout that is not standard hilton diamond member service. Lenny was not nice about only offering me a 12 pm late checkout his words of ok and mhm is nkt ver professional he did not even welcome me when I arrived and did not give me a warm departure. I thought the hampton's rooms and interior and exterior was one of the nicest and best hamptons I have ever been in. It would of been better and not given me such a sour taste in my mouth if lenny was not so rude that I avioded the front desk at all costs even if I needed something I would go buy it rather then go to the front desk. Melissa was not as rude but she had an attitude when I came to the front desk the morning after check in at 9:10 am and was told breakfast ended at 9 am not 10 am as hilton's app stated lenny did not inform me of this change and I found out the hard way luckily melissa gave me breakfast but not very happy did she do it. Would stay again when back at st simons but not with them two working there. I liked the property but as a diamond member should have been treated way better even the gm did not do enough to satisfy me and my bad experience with the front desk.

Date of stay: June 2020