“Great atmosphere”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 378 Restaurants in Roswell
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Crossville Road
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We loved the atmosphere because it’s cozy and intimate for a laidback, conversational dinner. Definitely recommend the whiskey shrimp as an appetizer. Also don’t forget to order the Brussels sprouts with your steak....our server was awesome which can make or break your dining experience

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went to Stoney River recently for Easter Brunch. The menu was probably more limited than a normal Sunday but the food was good and the portions were very large. The service was excellent and we definitely will return.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate 2 birthdays. Making reservations were easy, using OpenTable. The ambiance is dark and cozy, perfect for dates or special occasions - which is why we chose to come here. The wait staff was fairly attentive for the price level, keeping the refills coming and checking on us throughout the meal. The before dinner bread is deep fried buttery glazed rolls, served with sweet honey butter. These are reminiscent of donuts but without the sweetness, and lasted about 10 seconds on the table! Our daughter ordered the NE Lobster Bisque, which was rich and creamy. I had the crab cake - chocked full of lump crab and zero breading. Husband got the Filet Mignon Medallion Trio, and the meat was perfectly cooked. Another in our party had the NY Strip and, while it was more flavorful, the texture was a little tough. Beware that the house salad is HUGE and could be a meal itself! I think all the salads are the same size and could easily be shared between 2 or even 3 people! Our Ranch dressing had a weird sweetness to it, but the salad was still good. We had the following sides: mushrooms (cooked in a wine sauce), sautéed broccoli crowns, au gratin potatoes (layered like lasagna), Mac-n-cheese was used with fancy cheese making it a tad bitter and not recommended for those that prefer Mac-n-cheese out of the box. We did not feel rushed and had an enjoyable evening overall. The cost for 6 people was affordable for the fare. However, if you are a steak connoisseur I recommend Chops, Bones, or Ruth Chris over Stoney River.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had dinner here with a friend last night and the it was a wonderful evening. Classic ambience with a somewhat rustic appearance (there are exposed beams and a great fireplace), excellent food and exemplary service made for a very phenomenal evening. My server was Bernita, who was attentive and seemed to anticipate every need. I especially enjoyed the food as I found I did not need to add anything "extra". My reib-eye was perfectly seasoned and done exactly how I requested...I'm a medium rare kinda gal. The crowd was eclectic and the music playing overhead was tasteful yet not overpowering. You could actually have a conversation without yelling. I was very impressed with how the wait staff seemed to work together and help each other. I even saw the hostess assisting in clearing a table in order to ensure prompt seating of other waiting guests. This to me is a part of true customer service. I truly enjoyed my dinner experience. Oh and one other plus...I had 8:30 reservations and even though the place was packed and there were people waiting, I actually got seated at 8:30!! That's a major plus in my book.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Wanting to do something special for lunch so we stopped at Stoney River. Had not been to this location before and we hoped that the food would still be as good as before--it was !!!! Our server Jim arrived at our table promptly as were seated by this huge fireplace. We dined on deviled eggs and house salad, followed by prime rib sandwich & grilled salmon, then crème brulee and carrot cake!! Everything was so well prepared. Will definitely go back real soon. Love the atmosphere and good service.

Date of visit: January 2018