“Yum”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was so impressed with this place. The food was so good. We all ordered different things in order to taste each other's food, which we did. The menu is a nice size and offers plenty of options. This includes breakfast options that are served well into the afternoon. My favorite part of the meal was ordering dessert. The desserts were so beautiful and delicious. This place is amazing but so small. You are literally on top of each other inside but it is worth it. I returned for dessert a few days later to take a Napoleon on the plane to my mom in Columbus.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

If you are craving an authentic French croissant or baguette, come here! My almond chocolate croissant was the perfect consistency of flaky melt in your mouth with crunch and sweet ingredients. The cafe au lait was the perfect accompaniment and later in the day the baguette I picked up to go was also.perfect. I thought I had temporarily been transported to France. The owner is, of course, French and conveys the wonderful cuisine of his homeland to Roswell, as if a French pastry cafe were transported here. I assume his 2nd location in Marietta is another slice of France.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Food is truly very good. Desert...to die for. Two senior wait staff members (both French) are outstanding. Most of the rest...well not so much. Love going here and one of our favorites.

1  Thank alangreensmith
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This is difficult to write since I just came back from France —- while visiting Bayeux I had croque-monsieur (and it was fabulous) so it was on the menu at Douceur and I thought I would give it a try—it was “good” and it came with a nicely dressed green salad. My friend ate chicken with Brie, also served with a salad of greens— I had a taste and the chicken was delicious. We shared a dessert of chocolate and almond cake—yummy and rich.
The staff was superb, and if you are working on your French language skills—great place to practice! They sell a variety of baked goods, they have specials of the day, which were no longer available by the time we ate lunch.
Only open for breakfast and lunch. Quick service and I would return for a tasty special or dessert! If in Roswell, give Douceur a try.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Met a friend here at 7:30 am Thursday. Only one other table was occupied. By the time we left at 9 the place was 3/4 full. I ordered a delicious croissant with scrambled egg and Swiss cheese filling with extra ham and mushrooms. It was hot and wonderful! My friend ordered and egg dish she enjoyed, but ordered the hash brown potatoes and took only one bite of that. Oh well . . Service was good and the place is clean. All the lovely cakes and pastries on display are a feast for the eyes! Parking in back.