1,078 results
All reviews the river broad street old building unique hotel front desk exposed brick large windows within walking distance shops and restaurants high ceilings berry college wedding party home away from home in town stay there again third floor excellent stay
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel to stay at while visiting the local college based on the description and reviews. It is a great location - close to campus and right in downtown Rome. The character of the building is nice - staff very friendly and helpful. What disappointed us was the room. We were given an interior room on the second floor next to the elevator. The only window in the room faced the inside hallway of the building so there were actually no windows in the room. It made us feel like we were in the basement. All night we could hear guests coming and going from the elevator. We felt that this room was overpriced for what it was. Be wary of an interior room if offered to you!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Property was great, very clean and kept up nicely. Room was comfortable and well stocked. Front desk needs work- They lost my reservation, cost me my rewards points, and then charged me more for a room than what I had reserved. VERY unhappy!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Very nice stay, staff was wonderful. Rooms were very clean! Close to everything. The inside of the hotel itself is just gorgeous. DO NOT GPS it without talking to the staff first, you will end up in a bad area of town, GPS will not take you to the hotel for some reason.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I had the opportunity to come to my hometown, Rome, GA for a few days and to stay at the Hawthorn Suites was a pleasure. The location on the river in downtown is perfect. Also, the room was clean, cozy and quiet, and the breakfast was delicious. I only great things to say about this experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo