All reviews fast food restaurants next morning the breakfast area king suite shower head great place to stay first floor would definitely stay here again chattanooga repair
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Didn't plan on staying here, but after breaking down and being towed .. ended up here at 2am without a reservation. The man at the front desk was welcoming and we had a room on the First floor backside. Room was average size , clean and bed comfortable. Bathroom was small with single sink so not much counter space but still functional. We explained our situation to gal at front desk in the morning and asked for a late checkout... she said she could allow to 2pm. She was extremely nice and empathetic. We ended up booking a second night online using points. Only a king suite was available so she moved us to a larger room. Very spacious and in front of hotel. Very clean . The interesting thing was even though it was close to highway there was no noise! Both rooms were very quiet. The afternoon lady new of our predicament and was also very kind. Their motto was "we are here 24 / 7 to make your stay pleasant. ".

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RinggoldExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the 5 STARS and wonderful review. We are glad that your stay was comfortable and our team was able to make it enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Just spent the night here on our way home from Florida. The people at the reception desk were friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and great for a one night stay. There were fast food restaurants located in front of the hotel so we didn't have to get back in the car to find something to eat.

Date of stay: April 2018
RinggoldExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to having you stay with us whenever in the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Last weekend My daughter’s travel softball team had a tournament in Chattanooga. It was a “stay to play” tournament, which means each team has to commit a certain number of reservations at one of a few hotels in the area. Our team mostly stayed at this Holiday Inn Express. It’s a decent enough hotel, but not cheap for the brand ($159/night). After our first three games, we go to check in to the hotel and to relax for a few hours before the evening games. It was about 2:30. First room they gave us was fine, but when we walked to it, the room across the hall had what sounded like three dogs start barking. Otherwise, the hotel was quiet because of the time of day. No one wandering the halls, and no girls running through the halls like is common in these hotels where there’s a big tournament. We went in and sat down for 20 minutes, and the dogs never stopped barking. I went down to the front desk and they happily gave us a different room. The next room had an air conditioner that wasn’t working properly. I called and asked to have the maintenance man come up. Was told he was gone for the day, but they happily gave us another room. We are now on room #3....not a good start, but not the end of the world. My daughter and I relax, and around 5:00 we start getting ready to go back to the fields for the evening games. I go into the bathroom, close the door and start cleaning up. I try to open the door, and it won’t open. Check to see if it’s locked. It wasn’t. Door knob would turn, but wasn’t engaging, so it was stuck. I yell out to My daughter to see if she can open the door from the outside. No luck. This goes on a while. I don’t have a phone, and the opening under the door was too small for her to slide my phone, so I’m in there completely helpless. My daughter calls down to the front desk. We already know maintenance has left for the day due to my request to fix the AC in room number two. After a 5-10 minute delay, the woman from the front desk arrives. She can’t get it opened. I’m not only beginning to get claustrophobic, but we are possibly going to be late for her game. The woman is hammering the door trying to bust it open. Keeps trying the doorknob, etc. I tell her she needs to call 911, because Mr. Maintenance man is at least 20-30 minutes away (she told me he lives 10-15 miles away, if he even comes). She keeps trying the doorknob, and it suddenly opens. We get ready to leave, but I confirm with her that maintenance needs to come fix it. It’s instinct to close the door in the bathroom when you go in there, and last thing I want is for one of us to get stuck again. Later that night when we come back, I stop at the front desk and ask if maintenance has been by to fix the door. The woman (different soman, but she had clearly heard about the situation) looks like I asked her to solve a quadratic equation, and hems and haws, saying “no, he won’t be in, he’s gone”. I’m not going through that again, so we are now on room #4. Torrential rains canceled all Sunday games, so when we are leaving the next day, I stop to talk to someone that claims he is a manager. I explain the situation and tell him I expect them to adjust my bill appropriately. I didn’t give him expectations, or define “appropriately”. The guy didn’t apologize. Barely looked me in the eye. I explained in painstaking details what happened...gave him all the room numbers and the issue with each. He diligently wrote it down, but could not have cared less. He literally didn’t seemed surprised. Didn’t show any empathy. Didn’t care at all. He simply typed a few things into the computer, reprinted the bill, and shoved it back toward me across the counter. I looked at it, and he made a $30 adjustment. $30 on an overpriced, inflated room rate of $159, a situation where I was stuck in the bathroom for about 20 minutes, and had 4 different rooms. I’m not in the hospitality industry, but I’m not sure this guy is either. If it were me, I would have either comped the entire cost of the room, or at the very least half of it. I would have offered a voucher for the next stay, expressed sincere apologies, and helped out with bags. Even just a genuine apology that seemed like he cared would have worked. This guy barely spoke, and wouldn’t even look me in the eye. I just shook my head and quietly walked away, knowing any protest on my part would only cause a scene and likely not change anything. Hoping this story somehow makes its way back to someone that can influence this hotel’s management, training, and practices. Horrible experience. Highly recommend everyone reconsider and stay elsewhere if visiting the Chattanooga area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
RinggoldExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Subject:
TripAdvisor Review
From:
mjhomiak@gmail.com
To:
hiexringgold@yahoo.com
Date:
Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 5:49:51 PM EDT
I’m responding to your response on my review of a HIE experience I had. Apologies if it’s not your hotel. Here is my receipt - so let me know how I can directly provide this feedback to the appropriate location.

Sent from my iPhone

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response regarding the error.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t believe that someone would write it needed renovations didn’t need anything. This place was very clean, new carpets, and large rooms. We left at 5:0 in the morning and knew that we wouldn’t get breakfast but we didn’t care. We also didn’t hear any noise. I which people would be factual and not give credit to great hotels.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
RinggoldExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate you reviewing the hotel and are flattered that you found the amenities and the condition to your liking.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Nice Hotel , they have large bedroom , and the position is very close to the 85 so very easy to travel to Atlanta from Chattanooga or back and stop here, for breakfast I was quite disappointed but I prefer sweet food and I was almost the one not having scrambled eggs and meat so whatever.
But the price was quite high for a room.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RinggoldExpress, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ringgold, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. Your comments and suggestions will help us to make your stay better in the future.

Thank you.