All reviews poachers pub executive room car park old mill nirvana spa pub attached lovely hotel hotel bar trouser press coach party bar food stayed for two nights buffet style night stay great room ample parking waiting staff
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Very friendly comfortable hotel. Staff are welcoming and try their best to meet/sever your needs. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Good breakfast with wide choice of evening menu. Highly recommend for both Business and pleasure

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Mark B
PeterByard1, General Manager at Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Mark B,

many thanks for the kind review of the hotel, delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff welcoming and friendly. We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Peter Byard

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

This is the second visit here the first was good last year however standards have dropped. .i was in one of the disabled access rooms which had a very uncomfortable bed but even worse was the state of the shower hose where it joins onto the taps and bath overflow cover and tiles. i could scrape the black mould off these items with my nail pretty disgusting! I am a ceoliac and therefore unable to eat gluten . I had a bar meal on the night of my stay and was assured that it was gluten free,however it most certainly was not and i spent the whole of my nights stay being extremely ill and it also made me unable to compete with my dog as a disabled handler the next day which was the whole reason for my trip there from Devon ! Not at all amused !!!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Jennifer r,

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls of cleanliness that you experienced, I have written to you under separate cover regarding the gluten free claim in your review, as we have been in touch with Trading Standards (who have contacted you as well i believe) and they are happy with our response.

Kind regards

Peter Byard

Reviewed 19 September 2016

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised that we were able to let our dog stay with us especially on new years eve. Bed was lovely and comfortable and staff are really accommodating. Would definitely recommend staying over night again.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on business not able to book into the usual hotel I use. Slight reservation on booking, as I have had a mixed experience with Best Western hotels.

I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Rooms are spacious, clean, staff were friendly, breakfast was good.
The hotel would have got a higher rating if the room hadn't felt damp, and the bathroom needed a refresh, but overall my opinion of Best Western has improved slightly.

Trip type: Travelled on business