“Nothing special”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
New York Cuty
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This "resort" doesn't have a whole lot to crow about. The price is the best in the area. The rooms are very clean. However, this is a no-frills locale. There is excellent TV channel selection, once you are able to figure out how the remotes work (pay attention to the names on the remotes). My room had no functioning telephone and the lighting is dim. There are no coffee makers, microwaves, or mini-frigs. The bed (queen sized) was OK. The linen was clean but the mattress was a little too soft for my taste.

I don't know anything about the on-site cabins or RV spots. I saw them and they appeared to be appealing but I don't know what is on the inside.

The hotel is under new management and though they seem to be taking better care of the grounds, they a bit stand-offish. Other than when I checked in, I saw no one from the staff. I was there two nights and my room was never made up. It didn't bother me but the previous staff made the rooms up daily.

The, more a motel than a resort, is quiet pleasant and the grounds are pretty. There are no awesome views. Just a wooded property. There is a pool but I was there a bit early in the season (mid-April) and it was still in the winter mode. The pool people did come and check out things in preparation of cleaning.

The check-in desk says that there is dining available but I ate out and didn't inquire about any service.

Overall, it is a small country inn with some cabins and RV spots in back. Nothing special but a quiet, pleasant sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SailingRick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
AL
Reviewed 18 August 2008

The cabin are old but it was clean. We booked two weeks in advanced so you would think they would have had it ready for us BUT no. The "fully stocked kitchen" left a lot to be desired. There were no forks and the frying pans were rusty. After we complained we got nicer pans and some forks. The toliet did not flush properly. Again they fixed it after we complained. The tub did not drain properly but I was tried of complaining so I wedged a spoon under the drain stopper. The beds slept awful!!!
The place is quite, but it is just a trailer park with a few old left over cabins.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank newsiteboy
Sweet Home Alabama
Reviewed 27 February 2008

Our Family has stayed at Valley Inn numerous times. It's great if you want something for a lower budget that's still within the area of Callaway Gardens and Others. The rooms are average and the service is very friendly. There are some things in the scenery that aren't....beautiful , such as the trailers afore mentioned. However if you aren't picky about the view, it's a great place to stay. Last time I went, in early 07' , they were renovating the entire area, so I think it's probably better than I described now. :) Check it out if you're driving through!

• Liked — big porches
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank Natalei
Roswell, GA
Reviewed 23 October 2006

Well our romantic weekend that i envisioned from speaking with the woman at Valley Inn turned out quite differently. Our "cabin" was more like a shack with RV's right behind it and another "cabin" next to it (very close with no privacy). We had a bare lightbulb over our kitchen table, mismatched Christmas mugs for our coffee, a tv remote that didn't work, water so scalding we burned our hands several times. The walking trails described were non existent and the grill out front came with no tools and nothing to clean it with. The towels could not have been thinner or rougher. Thank goodness there was no coffee table or we'd have no place to set our suitcases -- that's how small it was. It is right off the road and not secluded, wooded or private as I was lead to believe. It's basically half RV/Trailer park. Not what I'd call a resort by the farthest stretch of the imagination. And, for $115/night it's not really a bargain. It's pet friendly, it's only plus.

• Liked — That it accepted pets
  • Disliked — The grounds were ugly, no privacy. Room was small and shabby
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep driving. Spend the extra $$ and stay at Callaway
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chukker65
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2005

We have stayed here before and are planning another family vacation there.

The service is great and the familty atmosphere is the best. The owneres are on site and are the friendliest. They make your visit most memorable. We were able to relax, do some nature walking on their trails and barbecue right outside our door. The cabins are wonderful with all the comfort of home. Once you stay there you'll want to go back again and again. And what a great place to hold family reunions. I know you will enjoy your vacation as much as we have.

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
28.9 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
28.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Valley Inn Resort? Share your experiences!