“Guaranteed Room Not Available”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta/Peachtree
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peachtree City
Reviewed 19 November 2011

After a long day of business travel I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn in Peachtree City, GA at 10:30 PM to discover my “guaranteed for late arrival” credit card confirmed reservation room was not available. They did not have a room for me! When I asked for an explanation of why my room was not available the front desk person’s only answer was, “That decision was made by our manager Jamie Carden; I would need to speak with Jamie for an explanation”. Since Jamie had left for the day I asked to speak to another manager. The front desk person left to find the manager, upon returning she advised me that the manager was busy and couldn’t speak with me.

The Hilton Garden Inn had made a reservation at another hotel for me indicating it was a comparable hotel. I asked if they had ever seen the rooms in the hotel, both the Front Desk person and in later conversation with Jamie Carden said no they had never visited this “comparable” hotel’s rooms. I stayed at the other hotel and will state that it was not a comparable hotel to a Hilton Garden Inn. Upon checking in at the comparable hotel I was told that three other people had been sent over that night from the Hilton Garden Inn.

I was promised that Jamie Carden would call me to explain the reason my “guaranteed hotel room” was not available at the time I tried to check in. Jamie did not call me back until I contacted Hilton Honors and they told her to call me. Oh yes, I’m also a Hilton Honors member, it didn’t make any difference.

If you want to check in and have your room available I would suggest booking at another hotel in Peachtree City, GA

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Julie C
HGI-PeachtreeCity, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta/Peachtree, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write down the problems that you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you to experience as a result of the problems you noted. It was unfortunate that our hotel was oversold that evening. Realising that this was our mistake we DID make arrangements and paid for your room and tax at the comporable hotel and recognizing you as a Hitlon Honors member we credited your account for 5,000 points. That was more then you would have earned if you had stayed with us and paid for the room.

I have shared your valuable feedback with the appropriate team members, and I guarantee you that I will follow up to ensure that the problems you had do not become recurring problems at our hotel.

Julie C,, our guests are indeed our first concern and it is always our #1 goal to provide every guest with excellent service in every respect. We apologize for failing to serve you in this manner.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We certainly would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in our property and hope that you will continue to choose Hilton Garden Inn for all of your lodging needs. I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

If you think this Hilton hotel will be like others, you are wrong! We were at this hotel on the weekend of Oct 22, 2011. At check in we were told that our room had a king bed and one cot. Why, we asked, it was booked for a family of four including two young, adult children. The young woman at the desk looked at us square in the face and said "we were told this room was for two." Well it was not! Several confirmation calls were made by the booking party to confirm that it was for two queen beds. “How do you think we will all fit - there are four of us?" I asked. She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders and stated, “I have no other rooms - we are completely booked.” Our room was part of a block of rooms of a wedding party and we knew there were other wedding parties booked for the same weekend which is why our booking person was careful to make sure our room specifications were known. One of us had to move in with another member of our wedding group, in another room, to sleep on their cot. That was our welcome. Oh, and we were handed a gift bag labeled Mr. and Mrs. I knew there were two more, but declined to ask for them- I was too upset. Three hours later there was a message left on our phone to come retrieve something at the front desk. It was the other two bags they were labeled for the same room with our two daughters' names- so they did have knowledge that there were four persons for that room after all... they intentionally withheld the bags because it would have proven that the room was reserved for four! But this nightmare didn't end here. Three of us woke the early the next morning, and at 11:00 am I went upstairs and met the housekeeper on the floor and told her I was getting my teenage daughter up and out of the room so she could get to our room. She was still working on other rooms close by. My daughter was of out the room in 20 minutes. We returned at 2:30 to begin showering and preparing for the wedding only to discover the room had not been cleaned and we had no towels. We went back to the front desk to the same young blonde, smiling woman. She couldn’t explain why the room had not been cleaned and handed over two sets of towels because she had no more but would send some up. We got tired of waiting and took clean towels from family members in other rooms. No additional towels were ever sent up. We returned to the room at 10:30 that night and still no one had been in the room- there was a stack of dirty towels on the floor and an overflowing garbage can. When we went downstairs to the desk to complain again...we were met with “Let’s see what our excuse is.” She could not find an excuse, no explanation- not even an apology. Oh yes, they sent up a meek, smiling housekeeping woman at 11:00pm who offered an apology and to clean. She handed us an envelope from the front desk with breakfast vouchers. We declined the vouchers and kindly asked her to simply take the dirty towels and leave us fresh ones which she did. (it was clearly not her fault yet she was the one sent to face the upset guests- what kind of management is this and what kind of customer service is that?) We just wanted to get to bed. If this is their definition of customer service, Hilton lost us as customers. And, anyone who thinks this hotel can handle wedding parties is very wrong! The rooms may be typical in size and offer the typical accommodations, but what good is it if its not kept cleaned. And forget the rollaway. Yes, it's not a folding rollaway as they claimed, but it's still not comfortable and the one I used barely fit in the room. I had to climb over the king bed to get to it once it was open flat. This hotel doesn't know how to manage staff, services or reservations, and they have no idea what customer services is. They market themselves for weddings, but anyone who thinks they can handle big groups and events is terribly wrong. Take my advice don't stay here or you will be very frustrated with the poor service. Except for the dining room and kitchen staff on the weekend-They worked very hard even though short staffed and overwhelmed with the number of guests. It was obvious to us they were at least trying. Maybe they should be working as management and reception desk! These individuals at least understand customer service: from the short order cook making omelets to the ladies working the dining and bar area who didn’t stop working in order to keep up with the number of guests. Even though they fell behind, they kept trying which is more than I can say for the reception desk and management staff. We travel a lot. At times staying in very small hotels because that is all that is available in the area. These hotels might not have modern accommodations, but they make up for their lacking accommodation with outstanding customer service and cleanliness. Hilton can stand learning from them!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all if you want comfort, cleanliness and customer service.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank zamfamtravel

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you to experience as a result of the problems you noted. Your reservation was booked for 1 person with a King bed. That is exactly what we had for you. Unfortunatley our hotel was sold out and we did not have any double bedded rooms available. Since we were sold out my housekeeping team tried to accomodate ALL requests by cleaning the rooms as early as they could. Again I apologize we did not have it ready upon your return at 2:30pm.

Zamfamtravel, our guests are indeed our first concern and it is always our #1 goal to provide every guest with excellent service in every respect. We apologize for failing to serve you in this manner.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Our daughter recently got married October 22, 2011 at Glendalough Manor and we decided to have our guest stay at the Hilton Garden. Over a 2 day period we had approximately 58 rooms taken. This was the biggest mistake we made. We had a number of guests with confirmed confirmation numbers did not get the rooms they reserved. One family went from 2 queen beds to a king with 2 rollaway beds. According to Christina M. Haskins Director of Sales, she said “they were nice rollaway beds" Other issues were ants in room, lack of help in the restaurant area (we had to clean our own tables), bar closed early, and a number of other issues.

I strongly recommend for a hotel stay you pick another location. As you read reviews similar wedding had similar issue. If you’re a business looking for a place for your event, I strongly suggest you contact Glendalough Manor. They know what customer satisfaction is all about.

Manager Rick Adlington & Jamie Carden from Hilton Garden knew of these issues and did not want to contact me. From reading comments on here I know they will respond and spin it into they treated us correctly. Well we have e-mails to back our side up.

Unsatisfied Customer

Joe LaRocca
Jlarocca59@gmail.com

Room Tip: Watch for ants and other insects
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Joe L

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you to experience as a result of the problems you noted. My team and I feel we bent over backwards to accomodate all of your requests. We added additional transportation to your reception and we even created a Two-Room suite just for your wedding party and no additional cost. Although we weren't perfect we did appreciate your wedding party and tried to please all of your group.

Joe LaRocca, our guests are indeed our first concern and it is always our #1 goal to provide every guest with excellent service in every respect. We apologize for failing to serve you in this manner.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I have Medical needs, and they went out of their way to accomidate me, for this I am truly Grateful. The Cook was superb, I have to do a Glutin Free Diet or I get quit Ill and he went out of his way to make sure all my meals were not only Glutin Free but some of the best food I've had for a long time, and he even shared some hints for me to use at Home, He deserves a raise.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write down and share the positive experiences during your recent visit to our hotel.

I certainly appreciate your feedback and I guarantee you that I will share your survey with all our team members at our next "Service Celebration" meeting. I am sure that my team will be very pleased to know that as a result of their hard work and their commitment to providing every guest with a quality experience that they were able to meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you for completing the survey and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

We appreciate your loyalty!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The hotel itself is beautiful! The staff is friendly! The food is good... The bed was horrible.. it doesnt go from soft to firm.. it stays firm..staff says it takes 20 mins to adjust.. It didnt!! You can hear everything going on..walking , talking, running, bumping.. toilets flushing.. The very worst thing is the FIRE ALARM went off not ONCE but TWICE during our stay .. Oct 22 2011.. The alarm going off in the middle of the night is enough to give you a heart attack.. NO ONE that worked there seemed to think it was a big deal.. When we checked out BY 8:15 am.. check out is 12pm but we were so ready to leave.. there were 2 more people at the desk complaining about the same issues we had. I want you to be aware that I have NEVER complained or written a review of a hotel before , but i felt this is warranted just as speaking to the hotel clerk was this morning.. This birthday getaway sucked!!!! Would love for the GM to contact me.. Kiwi102260@yahoo.com Kiwani Cogar

Room Tip: If you want beauty with THIN WALLS and fire alarms going off , go for this one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kiwani c
HGI-PeachtreeCity, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta/Peachtree, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Dear Mr. Cogar

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you to experience as a result of the problems you noted. It was unfortunate that the fire alarms did go off. Our system detected a drop in water pressure which set them off. Although it was an inconvenience the alarms worked as designed. As far as your Garden Sleep System bed comment, these beds, which are designed by and for Hilton Garden Inn, work as they are designed. They do take time to adjust and do re-set themselves to a “firm” setting each time a guest gets out of bed. For those guests that prefer a softer setting they seem to notice it more.

Mr. Cogar, our guests are indeed our first concern and it is always our #1 goal to provide every guest with excellent service in every respect. We apologize for failing to serve you in this manner.

Rick Adlington