“Great overall experience”

Castillo Real Mexican Cocina & Bar
Ranked #40 of 225 Restaurants in McDonough
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We went here with a coupon from a local ad magazine. Restaurant itself is charming and clean. Service was friendly and attentive. The food came relatively quickly. My daughter and I both enjoyed our food very much, and we will gladly return!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Castillo Real is a great place to go for some awesome Mexican cuisine! My children and I have been there many times and as recently as 2 days ago. The food and service are always top notch. This restaurant is LIGHT years ahead of the other two Mexican restaurants nearby. The chips are fresh and light, the salsa is the best in the area. Try the enchiladas! They are awesome! My children have tried various items from the kids menu and have enjoyed them all! Do yourself a favor and give Castillo Real a chance, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, there was nothing special about this Mexican restaurant from the food to the service. Based on the review I took my family looking for a more authentic restaurant but sadly we will not return. To our surprise not much of the decor has changed since the restaurant was a steakhouse other than the addition of a little Hispanic charm. In this realm, the space did not need much helm as the steakhouse went overboard which more than likely lead to them closing the doors early.

Speaking about this restaurant specifically the food quality was average at best and the service was sub par especially considering the restaurant was slower at the time we visited. With my meal I requested "no" sour cream or guacamole and although a simple request it was still sitting on the plate. My daughters quesadillas were cold and it seemed like the restaurant struggles with timing so that everyone's meals come to the table at the same temperature at the same time warm. We had to ask our server twice for straws for a 7 and 9 year old.

In looking at the other reviews the restaurant may have just had an off day, but at this time I do not plan on bringing my family back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We love Castillo Real! The food is so good, we haven't had anything bad yet and we go often. We always have great service and love to have Sandy as our server!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Don't come here if you're in a hurry or want to get home at a decent hour. This place is ultra slow. Sure, you can refill my drink 35 times bro, but where's my food? I came for food...TODAY.

Go to Padre's down the street. It's fast and consistent.