“Excellent experience”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Rancho Santa Margarita
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I was with family in Atlanta to drop off my son for college - Georgia tech. We did not want to stay in downtown hotels, so we chose this hotel as it was very reasonably priced and not very far from G-Tech.

We stayed for 5 nights. We had excellent experience. Rooms were very large compare to other similarly priced hotels. they had microwave and fridge in the room, which was handy specially for the long stay we had. Housekeeping maintained the cleanliness of our room regularly. The manger on duty was very courtiious.

I also recommended this hotel to one of the parents who were dropping off their daughter as well from Singapore. They also liked the hotel.

Whenever I go to visit my son in Atlanta, I will without a doubt stay at this Howard Johnson hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Yatri006
Howard J, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you very much.We appreciate your time for this comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brunswick, ga
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Dirty toilet, dilapitaed bulilding, awful carpet! My husband and I have deemed this place the absolute worst motel/hotel we have ever stayed. We tried to book somewhere else; however, every other place was completely booked. I agree with a previous review "Should be negative stars!"

Room Tip: Go to the Ramada. It at least looked better.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank take_it_from_me007
na
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This was terrible. Though cheap it was still a waste of money. We should have slept in the car and brushed our teeth in a gas-station bathroom.
Dirty. Dingy. Dirty.
We both found red spots on our bodies and were incredibly itchy. Didn't see any bed bugs but could have been fleas.
Just don't stay here and definitely don't bring belongings into the room in which you could bring home bugs.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Screen_Name_takenNa
marietta
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My mother and I were traveling though Atlanta and stopped off the freeway here. It was 2am, and it took quite a while to get the man working to come to the door to talk to us. The man working that night said there were no available rooms. I asked again to make sure and he said something about there being available rooms but it wouldn't be proper for my mom and I to stay there. We asked what he meant and he said the only rooms left was where they put black people. We took that as the hotel puts black people and white people in separate areas of the hotel. We did not stay and left the hotel... the hotel appeared old and dirty. I would never stay there.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank suzy w
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I used to live in Atlanta, so I knew the location of this hotel and that it was in a safe area. They were running a 20% off two night special and we needed a hotel for 2 nights, so we thought we'd give it a shot. When we arrived at 1:30 AM, the front desk clerk couldn't bother to get off the phone to check us in so he kept asking us to repeat ourselves. Not a good start. And after having been in the car for 13 hours, DH had very little patience and told the guy to get off the phone to help us. There were no ground floor rooms available so we lugged all of our luggage up the stairs. We walked into a room hotter than Hades! Most hotels in summer (in Atlanta no less) at least run the AC a little to keep the rooms at least lower than 95 degrees. The owners of this hotel are so cheap that not only do they turn off the AC completely, they unplug it as well. It was after 3 am before the room was even cool enough to try and attempt sleep. We could not use the refrigerator because the door won't shut because the freezer is frozen completely over and even if that wasn't an issue - it's filthy! There is some sort of attic/crawlspace entry in our room and it's in disrepair and there are chunks of paint all over the floor. We were too tired after carrying up all our luggage to even bother asking for a new room.
The bed is hard as a rock, the linens feel like sandpaper and instead of fitted sheets, they just put down a flat one which means if you move an inch in your sleep, the sheets move and expose the mattress. Disgusting. There are a ton of other hotels in the area that are within the same price range - definitely do not stay here.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple