“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2023

It’s been a few years since I have been to Boons and it will be a few more years before I return.
Went early to miss the rush. Quick service and ambient inside.
I guess having just returned from Thailand my selection was disappointing.
My wife just had mixed starters, friend always has pad suey. I picked the seafood laska, asked for spicy. What did I get, a large bowl of close to Penang Curry, filled with noodles, a few prawns, fish, mussels which were revolting and calamari you couldn’t chew. Definitely not spicy, local tastes I guess.
Should have known better, you can’t get genuine Thai food on the Central Coast, unless you order the noddle dishes, or some basic curry dishes.

Date of visit: November 2023

Reviewed 7 October 2023

This great restaurant is tucked away in Green Point, within the local shopping area, and must be the most overlooked restaurant on the Central Coast – having visited now with family it is so far ahead of the other Thai restaurants that I am amazed we have not discovered it to date. Maybe, being in Green Point has hidden its talents. We were there on a Friday night and it was full, turning newcomers away – bookings are a good idea. It is of good size with a great kitchen area and multiple chefs working their magic. The décor is very nice and typical Thai with exemplary table settings, amazingly clean and great cutlery. Service was without fault – prompt, helpful, and friendly. The menu has all the usual Thai delicacies and the quality superb. Portions were of good sizes, and even the children’s deserts were beautifully presented. It is a BYO restaurant but there is a nearby wine outlet if you forget. We had a great dining experience and cannot wait to return – this will now be our “go–to’ Thai on the coast.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 3 May 2023 via mobile

The best Thai on the central coast for sure. We usually order fried rice and a stir fry. All very fresh and fast service. Highly recommend

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 21 March 2023

Boons never disappoints. When its coming up to see the grandparents its always "SEE YOU AT BOONS"
Great food and cool ambiance appeals to our Sydneysiders!

See you soon and many thanks to all at Boons!!!!

ood and cool atmosphere

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 15 December 2022

I can honestly say that was the best Thai food I've ever eaten. Such an amazing balance of flavours! The food was gloriously fresh and beautifully cooked, the staff were wonderful, and it had such a nice almosphere. Looking forward the the next visit!

Date of visit: December 2022