Open today: 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Review Highlights
Christmas Season Favorite

A new Christmas favorite. Amazing site, great to walk around at your own pace, fairytale cave is... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
rustybob64
Dahlonega, Ga
via mobile
Impressive every time

Always take guests here as seasons offer varied perspectives. The Enchanted Christmas Lights are a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Doctor_SkiBum
CO
via mobile

All reviews fairy tale swinging bridge ruby falls nursery rhymes chattanooga area tight squeezes views are amazing christmas lights natural beauty photo ops all ages own pace birds of prey take your time enchanted garden of lights lookout point lovers leap
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pros: clear signs all the way from Chattanooga, ample parking, Starbucks outside of entrance!, tranquil meditation music playing throughout the trails set the mood. Color-coded trails clearly marked. Clean and well kept. Beautiful flora with descriptive markers. Nod towards the area’s history. Decent priced souvenirs. Cute cafes. Kind and friendly staff. Whimsical natural shaped wooden benches/swings. The views!!!

Cons: Music turned cutesy or medieval in some parts. One lone deer in enclosure in Deer Park. Gnomes (sorry, they creep me out!). Fluorescent paint in Fairyland Caverns.

In short, worth a visit when in the area.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Theresa H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Fun amazing visit. But if you’re a big person ask for alternative routes because you just might not fit through the standard path.

1  Thank XODIVER
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I loved Rock City Gardens. It was the highlight of my week trip to Tennessee and Georgia. The drive to the top of the mountain is beautiful and the surrounding area/city of Fairyland is super adorable. Parking is free. Make sure you take the map they give you at the entrance because the place is large and you want to make sure you don't miss anything. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are in another beautiful world. The natural rock formations make fun pathways full of interesting nooks and crannies filled with gnomes. There are caves with scenes from fairy-tales and there are random fun, cute, and interesting things every single place you look around the entire garden. The waterfall is something you don't want to miss. You can't see it well from the very top but you will get some amazing views of it on your way back down the path. At the top you have a fantastic view of seven states. If you read the book "American Gods" you will remember that some of the final scenes took place at Rock City. It was kind of fun to think about the book while walking around. There are also places to grab some food and souvenirs and it seems like during different times they have events, shows, and different special things happening. If I lived here I would be getting a annual pass for sure. Next time I am back in the area I will come back and I rarely repeat vacation items so I think that says a lot.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Third year in a row we come on second weekend of Shamrock City and they are out of t-shirts and pint beer glasses. Order more!

Frankly, this is getting old. We've been four times now, and we will not be back next year. Same stuff. The familiar trail that we've done many times. The pipe band. Pet the sheep. Irish dancing. Beer. If we could have bought a t-shirt, I wouldn't be so picky. But they never have any when we are there.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

If I would have walked any slower, I would have been standing still. And still only took be 40 minutes to walk through the place. For $25, it is nothing but a tourist trap. Go pullover somewhere safe and see the view. Do not waste your time or money.