“Very Worthwhile”
Review of Rock City Gardens

Rock City Gardens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located atop Lookout Mountain, just 6 miles from downtown Chattanooga, Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species, and breathtaking "See 7 States" panoramic views.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I enjoyed this excursion very much. Well kept and maintained. Highly recommend this spot.

1  Thank Garry M
"bird show"
"photo ops"
"all ages"
in 27 reviews
"enchanted garden of lights"
in 21 reviews
"annual pass"
"take your time"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pros: clear signs all the way from Chattanooga, ample parking, Starbucks outside of entrance!, tranquil meditation music playing throughout the trails set the mood. Color-coded trails clearly marked. Clean and well kept. Beautiful flora with descriptive markers. Nod towards the area’s history. Decent priced souvenirs. Cute cafes. Kind and friendly staff. Whimsical natural shaped wooden benches/swings. The views!!!

Cons: Music turned cutesy or medieval in some parts. One lone deer in enclosure in Deer Park. Gnomes (sorry, they creep me out!). Fluorescent paint in Fairyland Caverns.

In short, worth a visit when in the area.

2  Thank Theresa H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Fun amazing visit. But if you’re a big person ask for alternative routes because you just might not fit through the standard path.

1  Thank XODIVER
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I loved Rock City Gardens. It was the highlight of my week trip to Tennessee and Georgia. The drive to the top of the mountain is beautiful and the surrounding area/city of Fairyland is super adorable. Parking is free. Make sure you take the map they give you at the entrance because the place is large and you want to make sure you don't miss anything. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are in another beautiful world. The natural rock formations make fun pathways full of interesting nooks and crannies filled with gnomes. There are caves with scenes from fairy-tales and there are random fun, cute, and interesting things every single place you look around the entire garden. The waterfall is something you don't want to miss. You can't see it well from the very top but you will get some amazing views of it on your way back down the path. At the top you have a fantastic view of seven states. If you read the book "American Gods" you will remember that some of the final scenes took place at Rock City. It was kind of fun to think about the book while walking around. There are also places to grab some food and souvenirs and it seems like during different times they have events, shows, and different special things happening. If I lived here I would be getting a annual pass for sure. Next time I am back in the area I will come back and I rarely repeat vacation items so I think that says a lot.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Third year in a row we come on second weekend of Shamrock City and they are out of t-shirts and pint beer glasses. Order more!

Frankly, this is getting old. We've been four times now, and we will not be back next year. Same stuff. The familiar trail that we've done many times. The pipe band. Pet the sheep. Irish dancing. Beer. If we could have bought a t-shirt, I wouldn't be so picky. But they never have any when we are there.