“Beautiful home! Would definitely stay here again!”
other travellers have booked this property
Come have some old fashioned fun!!! FREE: Tubes, kayaks, rope swing, slide, gt fishing, trophy trout
New slide and steps into the river in your back yard come enjoy the Garden Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
New slide and steps into the river in your back yard
come enjoy the Garden Cottage
VERY easy access to the river, many homes have 6-8 flights of stairs down to the river be SURE 2 ask
our kayak run
new swing down at the river
great fishing with trophy sized trout on property
and the best part is the house is decorated beautifully !!!living room.
fireplace in living room
lots of fun details through out the home
large kitchen with everything you'll need
dining room
dinning area even has antiques!
1st fllor screened in porch
1st floor screened in porch,
hot tub on 1st floor screened in porch in a secluded area
Flat rock in river in your back yard, gt for fishing off of, kids love to jump off of it or use one of our loungers...
new benchs at fire pit, we are in the process of adding flag stone around it soon..
master
master beroom fireplace.
master bath
view into master from hall
2nd bed doors open to 2nd floor porch
2nd bedroom with antique bed-frame and feather padded bed   also a twin bed
2nd bedroombath
upstairs porch has hammock, sofa, 2 loungers and several chairs for relaxing the day away
sofa on upstairs porch great for a quick or not so quick nap
another view of river from porches
In summer months this is a right place to sit and read in the shade
shoals at end of tube run, kids love to play here, it's not deep and they have a blast
back yard/ fire pit after a snow
another snow picture of back yard, you can see the flat rock in river as ir is covered in snow
sit and relax by the river on the new swing
rope swing and beach area are behind my home 3 homes down river, or a short tube run.
sandy beach by rope swing at end of tube run
horse shoe pit down by the river
Even in winter kids want to use the rope swing!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Aylene B
“Beautiful home but not exactly what we hoped for.”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I traveled with my husband, three sons and mother plus our three small dogs to the Garden house on the Chattahoochee River. We haven't had a family vacation in almost 18 years so it was long overdue. The house was just beautiful, better than the pictures show. The living room, dining room and kitchen are spacious and the downstairs screened in porch doubles the size of the living space. My mother spent most of her time out on the downstairs porch, the screens and fans and cool mountain air made it great except for the hottest part of the day. The bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs are beautiful and also spacious. I loved the decor and style of the house, it was cool and fresh and just what I wanted.
We enjoyed the hot tub and the grill and made the most of our stay. I cooked most of our meals to save on driving and eating out and was pleased with the variety of pans, utensils, etc...

Unfortunately, there were a few things that weren't as great. First of all, the upstairs porch isn't screened in so there was no chance that any of my boys could sleep in the hammock overnight. The sofa on the upstairs was draped with a sheet because some small animal (I finally decided must be a lizard) had been all over it and left droppings. So one of the two couches on the property were unusable.

The property may need to be sprayed for insects. I know it's in the woods so there is only so much you can do, but the first morning I found a small black scorpion in the kitchen sink and later we observed that some wasps may be building a nest in one of the upstairs porch fans.

When we arrived my husband and I walked our dogs into the back yard to sniff around when we were spotted by a dog from the neighboring property. He wasn't leashed and there was no one around with him. He eagerly ran over to where we were and got into a tussle with one of our much, much smaller dogs. We got them separated and proceeded to have to avoid this dog for most of our stay because he was left loose. My dog wasn't badly injured but the skin was broken in several places on his head. Of course, the property owner can't control what neighbors do but it was a downer for this trip. We also had to check our animals very carefully after their walks every day, because they all came back with ticks. Again, this is the mountains but be aware if you or your animals are wandering into the woods and bushes!

Another small issue is that all of the toilets in the house were unusually short. If you have bad knees (like my mother) it will be very difficult for you to get up. We stayed for six days so this is something pretty big.

My biggest disappointment was that the property we rented didn't have a rope swing as advertised in the pictures. I rented this property specifically because I have three sons aged 10-17 and I thought they they would really enjoy the slide and swing. Overall the river access area was much smaller than I expected and a bit of a disappointment. It turned out that to use the rope swing we had to go up to the main/dirt road and walk down several houses, poke around to figure out which one, not disturb any occupants, walk back down to the river, etc... I wanted a private water retreat and that didn't fit into the picture, it is just too much trouble.

The home is absolutely beautiful but I think we probably had too many people, because there weren't enough places for everyone to sit, relax and spread out with the loss of the upstairs couch. The advertisement said it was good for up to 6 people which is what we brought.

Overall,I think that this place would be an incredible get away for two couples or a much smaller family but isn't appropriate for a larger family or group. We loved our stay in the mountains, the views of Mt. Yonah driving to the cabin and back were fabulous and we enjoyed the Ingles supermarket in town, Wendell's family restaurant and a little shopping in Helen. The walk up to Anna Ruby Falls is worth the effort. I look forward to coming back to the north Georgia mountains but wouldn't rent this home again if I brought the whole family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor and style. The bedding was luxurious.
Liked least: No rope swing, upstairs porch not screened, lizard(?) droppings on couch.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Jul 2016
I'm so sorry you weren't completely happy with the rental.
We truly try to make our guests happy. Our home offers more than any other home on the river.
First let me say I'm 3 doors down from the cottage and if you would have picked up the phone, as there is a land line in the cottage and my phone numbers are on the counter in the kitchen, and called me I don't think I'd have to be answering to this review. I'm not sure why but every time I get a review and where the renters have had problems, (which isn't often), they are the ones that never call me..So once again I was surprised by the review..I'm here and happy to fix anything I can in a timely manner.
If you read the info on the rental I think you wouldn't have been as disappointed. The upstairs porch is not screened in and the site only says that the downstairs porch is screened in.
Also I talked to you directly when you were renting and told you the rope swing was behind my home, as it also says on site. You could have called and asked me if you were confused about the location of the rope swing.. There is also a booklet that asks you to read it before you use anything in the river, with info on,kayaking, tubing, and where the rope swing is and where the key to it is.
We are extremely lucky to have water deep enough for a rope swing as the river tends to be shallow. So our back yard this is the only place it was deep enough to have it and we share it with our renters.
But you did have 6 tubes, 2 loungers to use on flat rock behind home, fire pit with some firewood, slide behind home and a swing overlooking river, and horseshoe pit. The only thing not behind the home is the rope swing and it is 3 houses down from this cottage. Most people like to tube to my home, use the rope swing, and then go back to house..
There is a lizard on the porch that gets onto the sofa. We have tried to get him out of there, but so far he has won the battle. If anyone knows how to get rid of him let me know!! Told my housekeeper to keep an eye out for him and to make sure sofas is wiped down each clean. Wish I had known sooner about him, as I just got this review and you never said anything. We cover the sofas year rounds to protect it from sunlight and pollen, not because of the lizard. If you would have called me I would have come over to see what I can do and at very least cleaned it for you.
We have a person that sprays the home, but almost always with scorpions, they are brought into the home. People leave wet items outside which they love to get into and then you bring those items inside and they get into the home. The scorpions here are small black ones here and their bite is not bad, less than a bee sting and you have to provoke them a lot to get sting, they will pinch well before they sting..........and so is living in the woods...
Wasps are always a problem here in the summer, we knock down nests and they are back in days, we would have been glad to come over and check it to make sure and sprayed it for you if there was one, but you never let us know. We also provide wasp spray for our renters in the laundry area because of this problem.
Not sure what dog you are talking about, I e-mailed her personally to find out, hopefully she will respond.and let me know so I can do something.
The house has a regular sofa and 3 chairs in living room, then right outside on porch is another sofa, (not the one on the top porch), 2 chairs and a table and chairs for 4. It is exactly like the pictures on the site shown, so not sure why this was a surprise?
Yes ticks are a problem here in the summer, we advise pets to use and flee and tick med. for your pets when here. This will keep them off. We have dogs and they never get them.
I have NO clue what you are talking about with the toilets? They are regular standard toilets and are not smaller than the normal toilet. We have had this home since 2000 and you are the first to say this?
The site says the banks are left natural, as it is illegal to cut the down and would be fined by the government if I were to do that. It is VERY bad to clear cut the banks of a river. Bad for the fish and water quality. Our section is very natural, which is why behind the cottage there are trophy trout.
.The pictures on the site show the area as it is. Some are in the winter and of course in summer there are more leaves.
Again I'm truly sorry you were not completely happy,. I only wish you would have called me and we could have made your experience a better one.
Noahscot
Savannah, Georgia
“Beautiful home! Would definitely stay here again!”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Beautiful home with everything you need for a wonderful stay. The owners are near by for any questions or needs that arise. Home is very close to the river. Although the weather was warm, we could not do much swimming, as the water was ice cold. We were able to kayak and go on a short tube run, which was very fun! We enjoyed some fishing and we also liked to hang out on the rock in the center of the river, although getting there and back was a little tough with such cold water. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the screened in porch and we also loved the hot tub. Very peaceful, quiet area and we would definitely stay here again.

17 Jun 2015
The water was cold for this time of the year, as we had rain and downpours the whole week before and during your stay. I go in the river almost every afternoon that I can and it was cold!
Now it's June 10-17th, the week after your stay and the water has warmed up again and is feeling pretty good with the hot weather we are having. No problem swimming in it now it feels great!
shooper31...
St. Augustine, Florida
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days after Christmas. We have been coming to Helen Georgia with our boys and staying on the river for the past 5 years. This was the first time we have ever stayed at this particular cottage. We were very surprised to see how taken care of the home was. They make sure you have everything you could need. Above and beyond in customer service. We have found a new home away from home and look forward to bringing the kids in the summer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: It didn't snow.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jan 2015
We are one of the cleanest,best stocked homes, with the most amenities in our area and pride ourselves on keeping our renters happy.
We are so glad you were so pleased with our home as you were return renters at another property. We are so glad you want to rent with us again.
Thank you for the review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Nancy
Phillip H
Vidalia, Ha.
“Doesn't get any better.”
Reviewed 27 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

I've been staying with Robert and Nancy for years and I don't know why I would want to stay any where else. The amenities of the cabin, location and beauty of the inside decoration are second to none. The river view is great and the sound of the river us magnificent. She provides all of the things that you wouldn't normally find to cook, wash or clean during your stay. The location is quite except for the abundance of nature. The rental process couldn't be any easier as well.

Camper806...
“Relaxing!!!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Had a fabulous time! Location was great, short drive to Helen, three beautiful vineyards and Wildcat Creek. Very comfortable house with any amity you would need. We look forward to going back with our Grandkids and family!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing