“Total chaos!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As locals wanting a nice pizza, we went to The Tavern for dinner. We know Monday is a busy day for the restaurant since they have a special menus. We were seated by one of the wait staff in her station. We waited and waited to at least get a drink order in. She was waiting on people outside and other people she had seated in her station. After her station was filled, she went to each table to get orders (at least 4 other tables). Then, she had to put ALL the orders in the computer. By the time we got drinks, it was 40 mins. We had ordered a salad and another waitress finally had to bring those to the table. After an hour and 20 mins, with no sign of a pizza, we paid for our drinks and salads and left. Very disappointed for this home town and highly regarded pizza restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Jason was our server, and he did explain that the pizza was made to order and would take an hour. So, Jason did his part, and he was very friendly, but the pizza didn't meet it's reputation. I mean, the pizza wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I'd ever had either. The best part was the crust and the beer selection, but the cause didn't do it for me. Sorry guys, nothing personal.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was my third trip here and my third review. I came here with my wife and son on a Saturday night during spring break so they were expectedly busy. I ordered the "the Mess" appetizer as my meal not really knowing what to expect. It looked good on paper. My wife and I got our food in a reasonable amount of time but our son's pizza slices took awhile. After 20 minutes or so my wife started getting pretty irritated about our son's food taking so long. Manager/chef Mike came out and apologized for the wait and explained that only so many pizzas could fit in the oven and they were backed up. He was super nice and took the slices off of our bill. I then told him how much I enjoyed "the Mess" and he offered to send one home with us but we were staying in a hotel, so he offer to buy me a beer which I was happy to take. So, chef Mike turned a potentially bad situation into a good one and he was a really cool guy. We left happy and we will be back next time we are in town, and do yourself a favor and try "the Mess".

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Greeted by everyone upon arriving, which is always refreshing. One of the few places open for dinner on a Monday- thank you!!! Plus, bogo pizza on Monday is a plus with teenage boys. Pizza was good. We like a thinner crispy crust pizza and that is what was served. Enjoyed the outdoor seating with heaters. The inside was a little loud for my liking. Then, was thanked by everyone on our way out.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed several meals here before, and wanted a quick carry out pizza. Chose the large carnivore, which was ready for pickup on time. As the pizza was taken out of the oven, there was a hole in the pie. First time I had ever seen this. The chef acknowledged the problem and quickly said he would give me two extra slices to make up for the problem. This was totally acceptable. The disappointment was in the quality and quantity of topping ingredients. To pay as much as you pay for a pizza here, you expect a respectable amount of toppings. What we got was what you would expect to see at an all you can eat buffet. Everywhere can have an off night, but this was a true disappointment! Hope this was a one time occurrence and not the new normal!

Date of visit: February 2018
spreadhead77, Owner at The Nacoochee Village Tavern & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Sorry for the inconvenience we will be sure to be back to our true form next time you come in ask for Paul or Mike and explain the situation and we will make it up to you.

Been to The Nacoochee Village Tavern & Pizzeria? Share your experiences!