“Stinks. Literally.”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived and was told I didn't have a reservation because they couldn't place a hold on my card. Admittedly, I realized that the card attached to my account had expired; however, the person at the front desk told me I had been emailed (I had not. I later double checked). They were able to give me a room, thankfully. The room appeared clean enough, but it smelled like a basement: damp and mildewy. The carpet felt sticky. Also, the tv remote did not work. The room was tolerable since we arrived at midnight and were planning on leaving early in the morning anyway, but I would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Reviewed 28 July 2017

If you are a traveler you have probably experienced this situation before. We missed our connection in ATL and had to scrabble at 10 pm to find a place to stay the night so we did not have to sleep on the floor of the airport. We were able to get a room at this Courtyard and spent the night before returning to the airport in the morning for our flight. I understand business is business and supply and demand is what it is, but $217 for one night is just price gouging especially when we stayed the next night at a Courtyard in NC for $95.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Although pricing is decided off property with the inclusion of many factors as you stated, I understand how frustrating it must have been to feel gouged after such rough travels that evening. Please accept our apologies that the experience overall was less than stellar.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hapeville.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Stayed here after arriving late from international travel. There is a lot to recommend this hotel. It's conveniently located near the airport and the shuttle service is quite reliable. The desk attendant (sorry, I have forgotten her name) was superb -- extremely pleasant and helpful, even dealing with a complaint. Onsite breakfast is a plus.

The rooms are quiet and spacious, but nothing fancy, and a tad overdue for renovation. We didn't expect a top-of-the-line hotel at the price we were paying, so had no problem with any of that. However, the room we were first assigned STANK. It was off the courtyard near the pool, and I suspect that there had been one too many wet towels left on the carpet, as the smell was of mold/mildew. We asked to be reassigned, and the second room was much better. And, as I say, the desk clerk very cheerfully accommodated our request.

Room Tip: A little noisy near the lobby -- better toward the back.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay and the 'superb' service of our front desk at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue with us.

I am very sorry to hear that the first room issued was unsatisfactory and had an odor. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this did not occur with your stay. I am, however, excited to relay that we are slated for a major renovation of our guest rooms (including carpet!) this winter, to be sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue on your next visit to Hapeville so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I recently came to Georgia for a UAA basketball tournament from July 11 -15, 2017. I have no complaints about my stay at the Courtyard. The staff was polite and courteous. My room was cleaned daily. I only recommend that you should look into continental breakfast for your guest because guests are looking for hotels with continental breakfast. My family that I traveled with didn't want to stay because the hotel didn't have continental breakfast but overall my stay was very lovely.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoy the trip up for a airline interview. The room was very spacious. The bistro was very delicious hamburger. I forgot how roomie courtyard is. It was too bad that I didn't get a chance to go to the Delta flight museum. Always next time when the next visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.7 km away
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Hapeville

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!