“Not great, not bad”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Stayed here after arriving late from international travel. There is a lot to recommend this hotel. It's conveniently located near the airport and the shuttle service is quite reliable. The desk attendant (sorry, I have forgotten her name) was superb -- extremely pleasant and helpful, even dealing with a complaint. Onsite breakfast is a plus.

The rooms are quiet and spacious, but nothing fancy, and a tad overdue for renovation. We didn't expect a top-of-the-line hotel at the price we were paying, so had no problem with any of that. However, the room we were first assigned STANK. It was off the courtyard near the pool, and I suspect that there had been one too many wet towels left on the carpet, as the smell was of mold/mildew. We asked to be reassigned, and the second room was much better. And, as I say, the desk clerk very cheerfully accommodated our request.

Room Tip: A little noisy near the lobby -- better toward the back.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay and the 'superb' service of our front desk at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue with us.

I am very sorry to hear that the first room issued was unsatisfactory and had an odor. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this did not occur with your stay. I am, however, excited to relay that we are slated for a major renovation of our guest rooms (including carpet!) this winter, to be sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue on your next visit to Hapeville so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I recently came to Georgia for a UAA basketball tournament from July 11 -15, 2017. I have no complaints about my stay at the Courtyard. The staff was polite and courteous. My room was cleaned daily. I only recommend that you should look into continental breakfast for your guest because guests are looking for hotels with continental breakfast. My family that I traveled with didn't want to stay because the hotel didn't have continental breakfast but overall my stay was very lovely.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoy the trip up for a airline interview. The room was very spacious. The bistro was very delicious hamburger. I forgot how roomie courtyard is. It was too bad that I didn't get a chance to go to the Delta flight museum. Always next time when the next visit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Usually I have no problems with the Marriott Brand, and to be honest, the Courtyard hotel is my choice for trips. This time, however, there were a few problems. Well, let me clarify. It was 70 percent good. I was in Atlanta for business for 10 nights in early May, and as a Platinum Marriott member, I chose the Courtyard North because it's located quite close to my place of work. The front desk staff were fantastic. The Bistro was great and the staff that handled the Bistro were wonderful a well. They did a really great job handling a large group that was staying at the hotel, and they did it with grace and true professionalism. I was impressed.

The room was clean and well appointed, but the bed was well worn. I really didn't get a decent night's sleep in any of the 10 nights I was there. It helped to sleep on the far side of the bed, which was less worn, but never the less, it was time for that mattress to be retired. The cleaning staff was attentive to the room, but they missed 3 of the 10 days that I was there, 2 of which were the weekend days. Unfortunately, I had a rather loud party going on in the next room on the Friday night I was there and there was the faint smell of someone burning leaves in the distance... Or at least what I thought was leaves burning. It brought back memories of being at my grandparents home in the fall, when I was a small boy, helping my Grandpa rake leaves from around his property. Ahh, memories..

Anyway, other than the cleaning staff shortages and the well worn mattress, the stay was good. I really can't blame the hotel for the loud party and I didn't call the front desk to complain, since it was a Friday night, but it sure helps when you have an empty room next to you....

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no one next to you... The walls are kinda thin!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for completing Trip Advisor Review on your recent stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and being a Platinum Elite Member. We will be reviewing your guest room with our engineering team to check the mattress of your guest room as we want to make sure all guests get a great rest and sleep at our hotel. Thank you for the comments about our staff and we are glad to see you enjoyed both the front desk and bistro team members.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we appreciate you taking the time to share all of your comments and we hope to provide a better experience that exceeds your expectations when your travels have you return to Hapeville.

Best Regards,

Daniel Klein

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I stayed here on gifted reward points and was pleased with my visit. Although I had limited interaction with the staff, they were professional and polite. I left during the afternoon for a few hours and when I returned at 3:00 PM my room had not not been serviced by housekeeping staff, which I was expecting it to be serviced by my return. The hotel is kind of secluded and not many choices for food, but close to the airport. I was surprised how quiet the room was considering the hotel is near the Interstate. I would stay here again if I needed quick or convenient access to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Amanda B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.2 km away
0.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
0.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport North

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!