“Great location and convenient to many things, but...”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Usually I have no problems with the Marriott Brand, and to be honest, the Courtyard hotel is my choice for trips. This time, however, there were a few problems. Well, let me clarify. It was 70 percent good. I was in Atlanta for business for 10 nights in early May, and as a Platinum Marriott member, I chose the Courtyard North because it's located quite close to my place of work. The front desk staff were fantastic. The Bistro was great and the staff that handled the Bistro were wonderful a well. They did a really great job handling a large group that was staying at the hotel, and they did it with grace and true professionalism. I was impressed.

The room was clean and well appointed, but the bed was well worn. I really didn't get a decent night's sleep in any of the 10 nights I was there. It helped to sleep on the far side of the bed, which was less worn, but never the less, it was time for that mattress to be retired. The cleaning staff was attentive to the room, but they missed 3 of the 10 days that I was there, 2 of which were the weekend days. Unfortunately, I had a rather loud party going on in the next room on the Friday night I was there and there was the faint smell of someone burning leaves in the distance... Or at least what I thought was leaves burning. It brought back memories of being at my grandparents home in the fall, when I was a small boy, helping my Grandpa rake leaves from around his property. Ahh, memories..

Anyway, other than the cleaning staff shortages and the well worn mattress, the stay was good. I really can't blame the hotel for the loud party and I didn't call the front desk to complain, since it was a Friday night, but it sure helps when you have an empty room next to you....

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no one next to you... The walls are kinda thin!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for completing Trip Advisor Review on your recent stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport North.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and being a Platinum Elite Member. We will be reviewing your guest room with our engineering team to check the mattress of your guest room as we want to make sure all guests get a great rest and sleep at our hotel. Thank you for the comments about our staff and we are glad to see you enjoyed both the front desk and bistro team members.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we appreciate you taking the time to share all of your comments and we hope to provide a better experience that exceeds your expectations when your travels have you return to Hapeville.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I stayed here on gifted reward points and was pleased with my visit. Although I had limited interaction with the staff, they were professional and polite. I left during the afternoon for a few hours and when I returned at 3:00 PM my room had not not been serviced by housekeeping staff, which I was expecting it to be serviced by my return. The hotel is kind of secluded and not many choices for food, but close to the airport. I was surprised how quiet the room was considering the hotel is near the Interstate. I would stay here again if I needed quick or convenient access to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 23 April 2017

If you are just in town for a quick overnight stay, especially if using the airport, this place will work. It is nothing special. Definitely an older Courtyard with relatively small rooms, if you are there with your entire family. Seemed reasonably clean. Staff was friendly. Would have been nice to have had complimentary breakfast included.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Tony W,

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you sharing you feedback about your experience and we are glad to see you found our hotel is an acceptable destination in the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport.

We focus on ensuring that our guests experience great service and a clean room and we are glad to see that you had this experience while at our hotel. At our hotel we do have the Bistro in which we do make breakfast made to order and it is not included with our rates but we do have packages available where guests can have breakfast included.

Thank you again for sharing all of your comments and we hope you return to our hotel on your next trip back to Hapeville or the Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson Airport.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My teen daughter and I were visiting Atlanta for Spring Break. We had a bunch we wanted to see, so this hotel was perfect as it's right off the highway, and not far from downtown (travel time was maybe 10-15 min). And free parking, which was one of my deciding factors! We had a rental car, so finding the hotel was easy, check in was a breeze, and the room was decent. Agree with another reviewer, ask for a room away from the highway. I didn't know this tid bit of information, and our room faced I-85. After the initial "do I change rooms"...we decided it was fine, and actually, it didn't really bother us.

Our only issue was upon our attempt to leave the property one morning. Unfortunately, a Pepsi truck broke down in the driveway (there is only one way in and one way out)!! I can look back on it and laugh now, but on that day, I was HUNGRY and needed to find food. The staff was kind enough to provide us with muffins while we waited, but ended up escaping by finding a low drain between the Courtyard property and the Residence Inn property...and off we went!!

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request non-highway side if noise is an issue
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tweetypie96
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I spent the night at this hotel before a very early flight the following morning and was satisfied, as the hotel met my expectations with two exceptions. The room was clean & comfortable, reasonably priced, and the airport transportation operated on schedule.

I was stunned however, that I ordered my friend a Scotch on the rocks and upon paying my excessive bill was told by the bartender that HE decided to give my friend a double since it was his birthday. I was annoyed but decided not to cause a scene. The only other problem I had was the television did not work, but maintenance fixed the problem within 15 minutes.

This hotel is isolated, but within walking distance of two decent restaurants. I probably would try another hotel when in the area again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fairly similar.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear ejhiii,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate all of our guest feedback and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience.

We are glad to see that we satisfied your stay in regards to the room cleanliness and that you were comfortable during your stay. We are also glad to see that your enjoyed the complimentary Airport shuttle to the airport. In regards to your Bistro experience I will be speaking to the entire team as that is not what we expect and that we pour to what our guests order and meet all guest expectations. Thank you for the comments about our engineering team and we are glad to see he resolved the problem quickly and efficiently for your during your stay.

We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay and hope you give us another opportunity to provide a better experience when your travels bring you back to Hapeville.

Daniel Klein

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.7 km away
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Hapeville

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!