“Decent and Close to Interstate and Airport”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 19 April 2017

My teen daughter and I were visiting Atlanta for Spring Break. We had a bunch we wanted to see, so this hotel was perfect as it's right off the highway, and not far from downtown (travel time was maybe 10-15 min). And free parking, which was one of my deciding factors! We had a rental car, so finding the hotel was easy, check in was a breeze, and the room was decent. Agree with another reviewer, ask for a room away from the highway. I didn't know this tid bit of information, and our room faced I-85. After the initial "do I change rooms"...we decided it was fine, and actually, it didn't really bother us.

Our only issue was upon our attempt to leave the property one morning. Unfortunately, a Pepsi truck broke down in the driveway (there is only one way in and one way out)!! I can look back on it and laugh now, but on that day, I was HUNGRY and needed to find food. The staff was kind enough to provide us with muffins while we waited, but ended up escaping by finding a low drain between the Courtyard property and the Residence Inn property...and off we went!!

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request non-highway side if noise is an issue
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tweetypie96
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I spent the night at this hotel before a very early flight the following morning and was satisfied, as the hotel met my expectations with two exceptions. The room was clean & comfortable, reasonably priced, and the airport transportation operated on schedule.

I was stunned however, that I ordered my friend a Scotch on the rocks and upon paying my excessive bill was told by the bartender that HE decided to give my friend a double since it was his birthday. I was annoyed but decided not to cause a scene. The only other problem I had was the television did not work, but maintenance fixed the problem within 15 minutes.

This hotel is isolated, but within walking distance of two decent restaurants. I probably would try another hotel when in the area again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fairly similar.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear ejhiii,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate all of our guest feedback and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience.

We are glad to see that we satisfied your stay in regards to the room cleanliness and that you were comfortable during your stay. We are also glad to see that your enjoyed the complimentary Airport shuttle to the airport. In regards to your Bistro experience I will be speaking to the entire team as that is not what we expect and that we pour to what our guests order and meet all guest expectations. Thank you for the comments about our engineering team and we are glad to see he resolved the problem quickly and efficiently for your during your stay.

We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay and hope you give us another opportunity to provide a better experience when your travels bring you back to Hapeville.

Best Regards,

Daniel Klein

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Marriott hotels never disappoints me. The lobby was clean and well staffed. Our room was room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The late checkout time of 4 pm was also very helpful.

Room Tip: Choice a room that is not close to guest entrances. This can be noisy as guest enter and exit the bu...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2017

A very good value near the airport. The hotel is up to Marriott standards. Staff was friendly and helpful. One nice perk was that I paid $35 to park my car there for a week and be shuttled to the airport both in both directions. Sure beats dealing with the airport parking lots.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My last 2 stays in a Marriott have been sub par. This may be my last stay for awhile. We stayed here 1 night on each end of our holiday. The room is ok. Kind of tired and definately could use a deep cleaning.
My biggestg gripe was the day that I was supposed to check in, I called the hotel from Denver to tell them that I would be coming in after midnight and wanted to make sure that I would still have my reservation. I also asked the woman if we could have a late check out since we wouldn't get to the hotel until about 1pm. She said, "let me check your file" and then put me on hold for over 10 minutes !!! I called back and got a nice young man on the phone who immediately said, "that late checkout will not be a problem". ( well done sir ) . Not sure what was up with the woman, or what my "file" had to do with anything.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
dekle680, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Tamara D,

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate all feedback from our guest whether it is positive or a negative as it will help our team to improve in our hotel operations.

Our housekeeping and engineering team take great pride in maintenance and cleanliness of our guest rooms and I apologize that your experience did not meet up to your expectations. Our property will be undergoing a room and lobby renovation in 2018 and we know this will make it appear more stylish than the current presentation. I apologize for the challenge you experienced when calling our hotel. I have a good idea of whom you are talking about and as she was one of our new hires and unfortunately she did assist you properly and for that I am truly sorry. We will be addressing this immediately as we never want any guest to wait 10 minutes to just add a comment to a guest reservation.

Thank you very much for all of the comments that you have shared and I hope you give us another chance to provide a better experience that exceeds your expectations.

Best Regards,

Daniel Klein

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
0.7 km away
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Hapeville

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!