“Always excellent meals and service in Historic Downtown Hapeville”
Review of Volare Bistro

Volare Bistro
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Hapeville
Price range: USD 12 - USD 36
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated near Hartsfield International Airport, Volare provides diners with finely crafted seasonal cuisine, using the freshest ingredients hand-picked from our local farms and vendors.
Reviewed 28 May 2018

As a former resident of Hapeville, I have loved Volare since it opened. Cuisine is always innovative and delicious. Now that they've been open for a couple of years, they've gotten the selection of servers nailed down and service is efficient and they are very knowledgeable about the menu. Need something special? No worries, they can usually accommodate. Great selection of wines. Menu consists of a broad selection of fish/seafood, beef, lamb, pastas and salads. Parking is available on-street or in a small lot in the back. If necessary, you can across the railroad tracks next to the Hapeville Depot Museum and use the pedestrian crossing to cross the railroad tracks and the street. If there's a train passing through town, no worries, there is a pedestrian overpass that goes over the tracks. Unique section of downtown Hapeville with views of the trains going through town on occasion as well as planes arriving and departing the world's busiest airport.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to try a new restaurant for our anniversary. We happened to find glowing reviews for Volare Bistro in Hapeville, near the Atlanta airport. We were so impressed! Cheryl was our server and she was friendly and fun! It's a small restaurant, but it was already crowded when we entered at 6:30 on a Wednesday evening. We ordered a bottle of Malbec from the wine list. For starters, I tried the Edge salad (romaine, bacon, tomatoes, onions, and a tasty gorgonzola vinaigrette dressing) and my husband had a sausage and red bean soup that was excellent. Next I had the grilled lamb chops, which were to die for (and 4 nice-sized chops), served with potatoes and mixed veggies. My husband had the popular meat loaf plate, which was also delicious. We had read about the popular desserts, so had to try some. We ordered the creme brulee and the chocolate bourbon cake. Both were exquisite, but the bourbon cake was super! All in all, we loved the atmosphere, the service, and especially the quality of the food! We will be back!!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Exceptional food and service on Hapeville’s main road across from a train station and a couple miles from the airport. Nice, not too expensive, wine list and specialty cocktails. Emphasis seemed to be on Italian wines. Menu has modest number of choices plus daily specials, but there is something to appeal to every taste. Food is prepared perfectly, generous portions, and interesting flavor combinations. We had tilefish and lamb, both excellent. Desserts also very good, and most are prepared on site, so save room. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Good food and service. Had the lamb chops which were awesome. Not your typical two chop portion but four. Zach our server was very responsive and suggest options for all in the party. Three had the trout and there were no complaints. Another had the chickpea cakes, a very tasty alternative to a meat or fish dish. Well worth the visit and will recommend coming here again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

OK, would love to give this restaurant a 5, but I hate to be uncomfortable during my meal and it was so hot that I had to leave early without enjoying myself more. I had the lamb chops - usually you get three little chops, but here you get four huge chops, see the pictures. I cleaned my plate