“Awesome Authentic Mexican Food!!!”

El Griton Mexican Grill
Ranked #7 of 270 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This past week my wife and I went with our daughter and her two young children to visit the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in Gainesville. We had a wonderful visit there (see my review) and wanted to find a nice place for an early dinner. My daughter found this place searching Trip Advisor, and based on the great reviews, we made the decision to eat there. Having previously spent 9 years in El Paso and 10 years in Tucson, we are always on the lookout for good Mexican food. We've really missed the "made from scratch" taste that marks the best restaurants, and with our fingers crossed, ordered the guacamole appetizer. My wife makes the best guacamole this side of the Mississippi, so we were amazed that this plate of goodness was actually better than hers! There is no substitute for fresh, quality produce, and this appetizer has to be seen (and eaten) to be believed at how good it is! Jasmine, our server, was patient, friendly, and professional. She helped us identify gluten free options and answered all our questions about the incredible array of choices. The kids had Quesadillas, daughter had the Gorditas, my wife ordered the Enchiladas Mexicanas Verdes, and I ordered Chile Poblanos Encremados. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so I have posted them below. This is without a doubt the best Mexican food we've had since leaving Tucson 6 years ago. Every dish was fresh, flavorful and abundant! The corn tortillas, chips and salsa were all homemade and delicious. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the salsa really is some of the best I have ever had anywhere in the world - fresh, nice heat, savory! There is a simple elegance to this restaurant and the family atmosphere they manage to create there. We met Gus, the owner, and he proudly showed us his beautiful food truck outside! He is as colorful as it is (and as funny!). Oh, did I mention that the margaritas are awesome too? Hands down the best authentic Mexican restaurant/grill we've found east of El Paso!!! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by hear on 3/17/18 ordering Tacos de elambre, they were great as well as the salsa and homemade guacamole! We will be back, good Lord willing.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The first time we stepping into this family run restaurant, we were greeted with enthusiasm by the owner. I asked him about the name, which loosely means the loud person. He replied in a loud singing voice, ME! All the food is prepared with care and is very good. You will like it.

1  Thank mikemartindds
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great food....Everything is great. Owners are awesome...take care of their customers. Tight family values...u can't go wrong!! Best AUTHENTIC mexican FOOD in Gainesville ga.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

The food was authentic Mexican. It is family owned and operated. Gus was very entertaining. Riverside Military Academy came it to eat and practice their Spanish. Outstanding margarita.