“Friendly order takers and clean restaurant”
Review of Arby's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arby's
Ranked #160 of 277 Restaurants in Gainesville
Description: Arby's is a leading global quick-service restaurant company operating and franchising over 3,400 restaurants worldwide. Arby's was the first nationally franchised, coast-to-coast sandwich chain and has been serving fresh, craveable meals since it opened its doors in 1964. The Arby's brand strives to inspire smiles through delicious experiences. We are on a never-ending quest for the perfect sandwich, starting with the Classic Roast Beef and French Dip to the deli-style Market Fresh line of sandwiches and salads.
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We stopped here for a late lunch on Wednesday because I love those cheddar and beef sandwiches. As soon as we walked in the girl behind the counter turned with a smile from what she was doing and waited on us. Very friendly and courteous. Order was delivered in maybe 10 minutes. Came out nice and hot with the best onion rings.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This Arby's was torn down and rebuilt about 2002, but it still looks like a new restaurant (sit in their chairs because their booths are lumpy). It is kept spotless and has a very calming atmosphere. There is one wall with about a two-story wall of windows facing Mundy Mill Road. I would suggest that you bring a good book, get a large Jamocha Shake and sit by those windows for a little getaway. If you're hungry, I love their Super Roast Beef sandwich, which is not shown on the menu. It has roast beef, lettuce, tomato and a sweet Red Ranch Sauce that is out of this world! Also, the Reuben Market Place sandwich is excellent, but those sandwiches have such a lot of bread that you get tired of chewing.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We do not eat wheat and have been to several Arby's around the country that are happy to do lettuce wraps for us instead of doing a sandwich with a bun or bread. When we asked Megan (the manager) for lettuce wraps, she just looked at us like a deer in headlights. We explained to her that we had been to Arby's before and they were happy to make lettuce wraps for us and her response was "which Arby's?" and still seemed unwilling to accommodate us. We had to insist on getting lettuce wraps and she could not wrap her brain around the idea of wrapping the meat in a lettuce leaf and asked, "Is it okay if we put in a bowl?" We just wanted to get our food so we agreed to have it put in a bowl. When our order was ready, mine was in a bowl but they gave my husband a sandwich on a bun. Rather than take it back my husband just took the meat off the bun and ate it. This Arby's might be fine if you don't want anything out of the ordinary, but if you want something that is not usual, we recommend that you look somewhere else. It wasn't so much that Megan didn't know what a lettuce wrap was, what bothered us was her crappy attitude.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

maybe a tad over priced, but employees are friendly, engaging even and the place is clean. sandwiches are freshly prepared with tasty fixings. they too serve pepsi products which detracts from the over all good ness of the place but we enjoyed our meal. have this cute little bell to ring if you were happy. i don't go in for cute so much myself, but mrs bbq rang that thing to her hearts content.

1  Thank Bbqman3341
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Look -- I am an Arby's fan. But the service at this Arby's restaurant has declined to such an extent that I would rather an electronic kiosk serve me instead.

I will share just one of my many horrible experiences -- my most recent one. I had an email coupon that did not expire until the following day. I politely handed my coupon to the cashier. She immediately holds the coupon to the light as if it were fraudulent and exaggerates as she lifts her left arm simultaneously to check her watch for today's date, and acting disappointed that the coupon was still in date, stated, "you have to order a drink to get this." I responded, "yes, I know." As the signage had changed, I wasn't sure where the drink menu was located. In the center was plastered a dollar menu with the word "Drink" in very large letters. "I guess I'll take a dollar drink and..." then I realized in very small print it said kid's size. Unfortunately, this lady would not let my blunder go without snide comment, so before I could apologize for my mistake she immediately blurts out, "you CAN'T do that. You HAVE to get a SMALL or a MEDIUM size!" Honestly, this is not the first time I have had this type of experience at this location with this particular woman. The manager doesn't really seem concerned about it, either. She looks continuously exhausted and scowls as if her pet has just died and you were driving the car.

I don't want to go back to this location. I'll drive 5 miles north or east to find friendlier service, and to deal with staff who don't seem to have a problem with my presence in their restaurant. I felt so disappointed, but perhaps relieved that a lady of this particular caliber is contained within the walls of a certain local sandwich shop rather than unleashing her evil onto the public at large behind say, the local tag office or serving as a loan officer at my bank. For this, I have to be thankful. But for Arby's of Oakwood, Ga., well -- they could do better.

1  Thank TeacherOnTheMove