“Family Favorite”

Ranked #36 of 275 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, perfect calamari, friendly service and upbeat at look atmosphere. We enjoy meeting friends at Pelican Pete's and enjoying the music on the weekends as well. Our 3 year old daughter loves it, too.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I arrived by boat. There are plenty of slips to accommodate many boaters. We were greeted and sat at a table right away. The restaurant is pet friendly and our server brought a bowl of water for our dog. The was live music that was pleasant to listen to. We did not have a long wait despite the restaurant appearing busy with many patrons. The only negative is the restaurant is not open year round.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We just at at Pelican Pete's for the first time and it was great! We arrived around 8:00 on Labor Day to find the moon rising over the lake on one side of the open air restaurant and the sun setting over the lake on the other - gorgeous! There was live music, a lovely breeze blowing and the beer was cold. What more could you want? Our server, Ryan, was awesome - attentive and he anticipated our needs. The food was great bar and grill fare. My knot-chos with grilled chicken, cheese and a pile of veggies were delicious and filling, my daughters chicken fingers had delicious breading and the "tiki sauce" which the make in house with honest mustard, pineapple and more was a great compliment. My husband had the fish tacos and they tasted fresh and flavorful. I was a little surprised there were no desserts on the menu, but everything else was terrific. I can't believe we have lived right up the road and never come here before. We will definitely be back soon!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is NOT gourmet food, so don't expect it. It's more along the lines of average to good bar food. But the setting is beautiful, they have a little splash pad for kids to use while waiting for their meal to arrive, and they often have live music. The splash pad provides good entertainment, esp on pretty summer weekend days when the wait can be a while for the table. We have been numerous times over the last 3 years, and we have found that the service has improved this summer. . .the food didn't take as long to arrive on our most recent visit. They do offer a good kids menu.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

If you happen to be on Lake Lanier and you are looking for a fun lively place that can offer a very "beachy" type of experience, then Pelican Pete's is your place. I'm not an expert on Lake Lanier dining, but my guess is that it is a one of a kind sort of place for lake goers. Nice beach decor, big menu with lots of typical beach bar food types and lots of people. So it's big. Just keep in mind that Lake Lanier is big too. And there are a lot of people on the lake, so I while I have only been here once, I think Pete's is always crowded. If you are in a hurry, you won't like this place. If you have the casual, have a drink first, type of attitude you will have fun with your friends. Service is what you would expect. Busy place means busy servers. Some things came out fast others not so much. That 's life at the beach.

Date of visit: July 2017