“Good lunch place on the square ”
Review of Avocados

Avocados
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoy going to Avocados for lunch. They usually seat us right away and provide good service and unique, healthy food. The atmosphere is nice with exposed brick walls and lots of original artwork.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to avocados with my fiance and another couple. I had the grilled chicken with fried shrimp and mashed potatoes. The chicken was very good. It was tender and cooked just right. The shrimp however were outstanding. They were large and fat and seemed as though they had just pulled them out of the ocean they were so good and fresh. The breading was just right and they were cooked perfectly. I will definitely go back even though it is an hour away from our house.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant,nice location!
Little too pricy.Food is fresh and portions are average size.
Yes we will go back and stick with soups and appetizers.

1  Thank Olivera P
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Another couple as well as my husband and I arrived for dinner. I knew all in our party would be ordering a dinner but I was so looking forward to possibly enjoying my favorite....the Brie & Apple Grilled Cheese on Sourdough. Love it! But when I ask for the lunch menu, the response I received was a hearty chuckle. Do they not do that in the evening? The server was going to ask but apparently he did not. Neither did the server tell us what the soup of the evening was or if there were any possible specials. Since we had a play to attend and not long on time, I gave up and ordered a hamburger which was excellent but not at all what I had wanted, Disappointed. We've been here a number of times and totally enjoy what we order from the menu to the ambiance but this night left me cold....and unsatisfied.

1  Thank Carole G
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Right in Downtown this is a place we frequent for a late breakfast or lunch. We impress out of town guests eating outside on the patio right on the square. They have some great unique menu items and focus on fresh ingredients. We love this place.