“Time warp”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Out dated menu ... No creativity at all disappointing do not recommend... I don't know what the big deal is about this place anyone giving anymore than 2 stars needs their head testing

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant on Friday 21st September for a birthday celebration with family. I have never in my life had as bad a meal. To start with the lettuce in the crispy duck salad was musty and it was a case of where is the duck. We had eight main courses of which three were edible. All the side orders were freezing cold as were 5 of the mains. I have been going to this restaurant for several years and never thought I would receive such an abominable meal. As for the toilets that was another issue entirely, the smell of stale urine, empty glasses and general uncleanliness, words cannot describe. I have held this place in high regard for a very long time, but unfortunately after this shambles I feel that I will never return. Get your act together and stop using a large wedding as an excuse.

3  Thank annt162018
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I was given a gift voucher for the Wild Duck for my birthday so I took my wife and son for dinner this afternoon and we were all very impressed.

The maître d was possibly the nicest you could meet and she could not have done enough for us. Very efficient.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we had to leave before we could order dessert and instead of my son missing out on the ice cream that was included with his meal, he was given it in a cone to take with him (with a flake no less!), which he was very pleased about. It’s these wee touches that make all the difference.

The food was of a high standard as was the quaint setting (the man with the hat behind the bars downstairs scares the bejaysus out of me though!).

All in all - very good.

PS - your maître d deserves a pay rise! : )

1  Thank Cpg100
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Great food, good service. This is a lovely restaurant, clean and comfortable. Would certainly visit again.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Went here last week with family for lunch. 1st time here and I'd definately come back. Service was good and food was lovely. Menu was outta this world...so much to choose from but as im being good i had the salad and it was lovely. Everyone had dessert except for me and the desserts looks mouthwatering. Will be back soon!!