See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

We went with my whole family in an all inclusive 4 day stay. This big hotel is centrally located and busy most of the year. Staff is nice but not very helpful, since they are always full they don't need to impress anyone. Food is plentiful but of poor quality. The absolute worse was to stay next to the pool where they have loud music play from noon till 10pm every single night. Then I figure I should enjoy the pool bar... Mistake! Worse cocktails I have ever had... Their boat tours are as lousy as everything else, poorly managed, loud of course and not very ecofriendly (famous for molesting Manta Rays). Yet they are always full with huge tour groups, so don't waste your time complaining with management, they just don't care..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EcoReviewer
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I seem to have quite the contradicting opinion about this place. My husband took me on an anniversary trip here for our 3rd anniversary. It was our first stay EVER in Columbia, and because one of my favorite actresses (Sofia Vergara) is from there it was a must! He ended up booking Hotel Portofino within a week, and was unsure of staying there once we read some of the reviews online about it... However, I can say from my own personal experience that Hotel Portofino was beyond my wildest dreams! The staff was awesome! They were so inviting from start to finish, and even gave us complimentary fruit! We had no idea about the culture in Columbia and one particular woman from the front desk even offered to show us both around throughout our stay! I was honestly shocked that this was the hotel.

We were shuttled from place to place when we wanted to leave our hotel, and the pool was remarkably clean. The food was good. The atmosphere was quiet aside from the normal daily hussle and bussle. We loved doing a little shopping at Portofino, and I got a really cute dress that my husband loved seeing me in - while at the beach! The water itself was like a fairytale,
and the pool was pretty clean. A boat tour is a MUST! The only con I have is if I owned the hotel I would maybe upgrade the comforters on the bed, other than that I LOVED IT!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matisse T
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have visited Hotel Portfino and its really luxurious.

Like their accommodation and hospitality services.

My strong recommendation for all the worldwide visitors to must prefer such place.

Really rich in providing best services to the guests and the prices are very much affordable.

Room Tip: Just make your best of research on services which you want!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank asadiqbal1988
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel and the customer service was excellent! So many happy faces looking forward to helping out and making my stay a happy one. The staff was fantastic.
I sure felt like I was on the islands! What a great experience.
Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NKdiver1
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stay here as part of package deal from Cali travel agent, but poor choice, Poor sanitation of food, got really sick and only ate there, no free wifi, low quality stay and products and very bad attitude service from front desk. WE had termites int he first room and the AC didn't work so they had to change us to a new room, a little better, not safe or secure, good location for the most part, just a cheap less than one star hotel, not even hot water here.

Room Tip: Ask for newer remodeled room, others with wood beds have termites
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple