All reviews dive master the owner beautiful sunset boutique hotel lovely pool dives scooter snorkeling moses nina paradise beaches wreck island taxis lizards hammocks
Reviewed 29 October 2011

It's quite simple, Playa Tranquilo is the most tranquil getaway we've experienced. The views are breath taking, the location private and the swimming pool is refreshing, The staff very professional and friendly. Love the food and the presentation impeccable. I hated leaving.....
Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

One of the most amazing hotels I have ever seen!!! My husband and I spent our vacation at Playa Tranquilo. The staff is extremely friendly, the rooms make you feel like you are relaxing in the privacy of your own home and the views are spectacular! Every morning we would wake up to the most beautiful sunrise and and excellent breakfast. Playa Tranquilo offers activities for every interest to make every day an adventure, or if you prefer you can relax by the pool and soak up the sun. I would recommend this hotel if you want an unforgettable island vacation!!

Room Tip: All the rooms at this hotel are very clean and comfortable. I would recommend any of them
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My fiancée and I were looking forward to an island vacation trip for a long time, before finally settling on San Andres after doing a lot of research.

We couldn't have been any happier with Playa Tranquilo. The house you get to stay at is right near the beach, and has its own swimming pool!

The provided food was excellent; when visiting, you're granted the services of a personal chef who makes AMAZING dishes. My fiancée and I both consider ourselves foodies, so this was an important aspect of the trip -- and it did not disappoint.

One word in the name of the resort -- "Tranquilo" -- plays an exceptionally important part in the charm of this place. That's because it's hard to describe the tranquility that comes from being able to enjoy all the wonders of a tropical island without being disturbed by anyone.

Being able to relax (by yourself, or with loved ones/friends) on a beautiful beach, watching an amazing sunset cascade over the crystal clear water, without being bothered by anyone at all, is just amazing.

It's also worth noting that the staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive! Customer service can make all the difference in the world when you're trying to enjoy your vacation, and I was immensely satisfied with it here.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a trip where you basically get to feel as if you own a resort on your own private island for a couple weeks. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I'm pleased to say that all of the reviews of Playa Tranquilo are completely and entirely true. However, they forgot to mention my single most favorite part of staying at this wonderful place - waking up. Every morning I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise and the most delicious and refreshing juices coming from fruits native to the island; it was the perfect start for every gorgeous day. Thank you so much to all the staff!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Playa Tranquilo is the boutique hotel I've longingly searched for during my 10 years of travel. It's peaceful relaxing environment is matched by the beautiful exotic decor and the hospitality from the staff exceeds expectations. If you want a piece of paradise, they've definitely perfected it.

• Stayed: November 2010