“Expected more for $100/nt.”

Best Western Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in East Ellijay
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We canceled a reservation at a luxury spa/hotel in Blue Ridge that was the same cost as this room. We'd originally planned a romantic getaway after some business in Ellijay but nixed that when we couldn't get a sitter for our little boy. So since this hotel had an indoor pool (for our son) and a room w/ a jetted tub (for my husband's back) we decided to just stay in Ellijay. The room was adequate but nothing special - little effort at decor - but the bed was comfy. The bathroom had mildew in the floor grout but was otherwise clean. The indoor pool and hot tub were way heavy on the chemicals and there was algae growing all over the place on the walls and floor of the pool enclosure. Yucky. From about 1:00 to 4:00 in the morning we were treated to the noise of guests coming in late, yelling up and down the halls and blaring their TV. The continental breakfast was sparse - a few dry cereals, instant oatmeal & grits, a small selection of muffins/pastries and a basket of small bruised apples and a couple of oranges. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and the view was nice. Otherwise, I'd recommend this just for a decent place to lay your head... at maybe $60/nt, but not for $100.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 January 2010

Myself,my husband&My sister went to Blueridge for our father's funeral.This past Friday&Saturday(Dec31st-Jan2nd)
We found this gem of a place a few minutes away in Ellijay,Ga.. Was happy we did!!!!
I called 2 days before we left Ohio spoke to Linda&Wendy. They were so helpful.
Very clean,nice&a beautiful mountain view.
The driveway was fun.
It was a sad time to be there,but the indoor pool&hot tub,jacuzzi helped us after the funeral.
The beds were clean&comfortable. So was the suite. It has 2 tvs which made it nice for me&my sister we sat on her Queen pull-out bed and watched what we wanted. While my husband laid on our King-bed &watched his.
Great breakfast.
Great rates even got a berehavement discout.
STAY HERE .HIghly recommened!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusieTig
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We stayed only for one night, but that is all it took. Very cheesy hotel for the rate. Rooms were real plain nothing to write home about. If you get a double be prepared to go up stairs no elevator available. The first room we were given smelled like a wet dog, so I asked for another one we had to end up taking a queen bed room. I sprayed the room with disinfectant spray. The towels were not white dingy ((of a dark, dull, or dirty color or aspect; lacking brightness or freshness)) I was afraid to use them. Housekeeping started to vacuum the hall between 8:30 and 9:00 a. m. The TV picture faded in and out. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY////......)))) Oh yea the drive way leading into the hotel blind side you can not see driving up the drive good luck

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vionner
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Stayed at the Best Western Mountain View Inn during our annual "leaf viewing" trip...the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We asked for local restaurants and she suggested several.

The hotel was cozy....apples on the fireplace harth for us to sample from a local orchard. There were also several other "leaf viewers" were there and playing cards and dominos in the lobby area.

Nothing fancy....clean - cozy and accommodating!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2009

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel so we could enjoy the area. I paid with a credit card and was the only time I used the card that weekend. The next week my card company called and said someone had stolen my card number and was using it in California. I'm not saying that an employee did this, could have been someone hacking into Best Westerns computer system.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
27.7 km away
Douglas Inn & Suites
Douglas Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blue Ridge

Been to Best Western Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!