“Basic but Sufficient”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed 8 September 2011

It's not fancy, but if you need a place to stay, with the basics, this place could work. The room was large, and looked recently updated. Full size fridge, two-burner cooktop and a microwave would be nice for a lengthy stay, but we just stayed for a quick overnight on the road. A few niceties were lacking, such as free wifi, some basic toiletries and a reasonable breakfast, but the room was relatively clean and quiet...save for the arguments in the hall, but that seems to be the chance you take with a place like this. They are pet friendly, but expect to pay a fee. Though the wifi was extra, they did offer a printer with free printing. Strange.

Room Tip: Suggest a higher floor, not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Reviewed 13 August 2011

So I checked in on 8/6/2011 and initially was a little apprehensive about checking in because there were a lot of people just kind of hanging out in the parking lot. The lobby area was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful so I "thought" that maybe I had too quick to rush to judgment. But NOOO I was right!!! The 5th floor had people roaming around and it smelled horribly like kitty litter and cat feces. The room was spacious and appeared clean so I proceeded to check in but about 2 hours after I did so the critters appeared. I mean nasty roaches took over the kitchen area as soon as the lights were turned off. It was so bad that I took video of them just to support my request for an immediate refund. Staff was efficient in getting me processed out of there. at check out I learned that many of the guests of this location are actually long term residents which explains the smell and possibly the roaches. They need to contact a pest control company. IMMEDIATELY

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Cecilia D
Reviewed 11 August 2011

These are very large rooms with mostly wasted space. The bathroom is smaller than anything I have ever seen, you have to step into the tub to close the door so you can use the stool. The sink is in front of the beds, so if you are sharing a room with a co-worker, you get a chance at the un-sightly wiggle of his rear while he brushes his teeth. The kitchenette is just that, with small counter and no outlets where there should be any. The couch pulls out to a bed and if you crane your neck just right, you can watch the TV while sitting on it. This is a very dated facility and my money is better spent up the road. Same price, much better facility.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I was late in getting to town since I drove from Chicago, I was caught in a very strong thunder storm. I was contacted by the staff and in learning of my situation i was told to stay safe and that my room would be ready when ever i get there. When I arrived i was ouickly registered and given my room. The room was clean and set up for me the next day and the day after I need direction to a couple locations they printed out directions and maps for me. Over all they nice and respectful. Very nice I enjoyed my stay, Donald Hendrick.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The manager here is really friendly and service oriented and so are a couple of the girls, but one guy (assistant or night manager I'm guessing) doesn't come across as being very happy to have this job. Overall, its a fairly clean place, lots of road and hallway noise (bring your noise machine or earplugs).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Duluth hotels
0.2 km away
0.7 km away
Wyndham Garden Duluth
Wyndham Garden Duluth
#21 of 24 in Duluth

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Address: 3390 Venture Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30096-4719 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Region: United States > Georgia > Duluth
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Duluth
Price Range: $100 - $148 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta-Gwinnett Place Hotel Duluth