“Great restaurant”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 463 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Medlock Bridge Road
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Went here on a Friday night with a 7pm reservation. Crowded but we were seated immediately. We hadn’t eaten here in ages so forgot that they have a complimentary appetizer of spinach, Parmesan dip with chips. So, my husband ordered lobster bisque and I had the deviled eggs. Then the dip and chips came out. Well, there were 6-8 deviled eggs. Way too many for one person because my husband had his soup and we had the dip. Took 4 home. We had had steak the night before so we both had fish. I had the sea bass in soy broth with ginger and spinach and my husband had the special of grouper crusted in Parmesan. His sides were rice and sautéed spinach. He wasn’t too thrilled with the sides but loved the fish. My piece of sea bass was huge and the broth and spinach delicious. We then ordered the carrot cake for dessert. Be aware, the piece they cut could feed four hungry people. It was delicious. Really, really delicious. The service was outstanding. If you don’t want a steak but want something else, you can still get a great meal here.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

A good friend and I have the same birthday. For years we go every March for the celebration. The food is so wonderful and the servers amazing. The chocolate cake and milk is always a special split between us. Steaks to die for and the side choices are good too.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Very good restaurant for meat lovers. The quality of the food is very good but the service is not quite up to the expected level considering the prices. The wine list is interesting.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Came here on a busy Sat night, 4 adults in the party. Had reservations and were seated immediately. Onion soup, steakburger, and fried shrimp received a good reviews. I ordered the filet trio medium rare and two of the three small pieces were almost well done. I will stick to ordering the whole filet or ribeye. The diner who ordered the soup, also ordered the steak biscuits and found them inconsistent. Several were full of gristle and several were tender and good. Had not been here in years, but will go back.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Wow. This restaurant is definitely a 5+. The service, food, and staff were amazing. I would put this restaurant on your to do list. We cannot say enough about how the great the food was. We will eat here again and again when we are in the area. We had another couple with us; and all of the food was great.