“Great ramen!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Travelling on business and seeking a place for lunch. In this Duluth strip mall is this hidden wonderful Japanese restaurant. I believe it is Korean owned given the management when I was there but its flavors appears to be authentic Japanese.

It is quite popular. Do not be discouraged by the line at the doorway. The turnover is rather quick.

We arrived for lunch which I presume is a bit more limited menu. The negiri and maki were above average. But the ramen was incredible! The bowl is quite large so if you intend to eat some sushi, I recommend you split the bowl with your colleague. The broth was flavorful, not salty, and very very good. The noodles were perfectly cooked and the pork was very tender.

This was probably one of the best fresh ramen placed I had been to in a very long time. Everyone should try fresh ramen!
It was so good, the next day, I was thinking of the ramen.... I would return for lunch again w/in 24 hrs w/o any hesitation.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Not you average sushi restaurant. It has a diner feel. I sat at the sushi bar & the chefs' recommendations we spot on! Definitely will visit again!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Hadn't been here for too long a time and came with extended family.
Service was friendly, if a little slower than previous visits, the dishes all arrived in a timely manner and were tasty. Vegetable were not overdone. Had a regional (Okonomiyaki - Hiroshima style) dish that hadn't eaten in a restaurant since last visit to family in Japan. It was perfect. Family had a variety of sushi dishes that were nicely prepared and tasty.
Atmosphere is pleasant.
Location is about 30 minutes from Atlanta and they share their parking lot with other shops. Have never had a problem parking.
When we have special visitors in town, or special family events, this place is ideal.
Request advise if you found this review helpful. Thank you.

1  Thank PublicHealthRxDoc
Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

제대로 된 일본음식점. 잠시 일본에 온듯한 느낌. Genuine Japanese restaurant. Felt like I was in Japan there for a second~

Reviewed 25 August 2015

A friend happened to be in town for a conference, and he wanted sushi. I am not a sushi fan, so I was looking for a place that had more to offer. We were both quite pleased with Haru Ichiban.

My friend had the spicy salmon roll (I tried one - not bad!) to start & I had the crab puffs (delicious). I had the mushroom hamburg - basically a hamburger steak with mushroom sauce; my friend had the salmon dinner. Both of us were quite pleased. Neither of us had anything to drink other than water, although we did at the last minute decide to try the avocado mound. It had crab meat & some sort of sauce on it. The flavors mostly worked well together, but the crab meat was overly sweet.

Been to Haru Ichiban? Share your experiences!