“Mother and Son day”

Ranked #96 of 385 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I had this wonderful coffee latte ?Turtle something with caramel & whip cream. Although very sweet for my taste I just added more regular coffee to it. I ordered the Spinach Bacon skillet with crumbled cheese; well this dish wash just cold. My eggs were just lukewarm so maybe they just sat in window for pickup to long.

Sent item back and meal was returned piping hot!!!! Just the way I love it, the potatoes had a little crisp to them (bravo) and I loved the cheese was melted and the spinach was welted properly rather than crisp the first time. Delicious and healthy .

The place is busy, with a great mix of people. I will return again.....

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This was a great place for breakfast. They have a huge choice of items, offer gluten free breads, and the service and staff were excellent. It can be hard to find street parking, but there is a lot a short walk away. They are close to lots of activities, have outdoor covered patio seating for nice weather (good for kids), and just a fun place to be. If you go at the height of eating times, expect to wait.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a great breakfast/brunch/lunch experience, look no further than the Decatur J Christopher's location! Just be prepared to spend at least 2 hours, as this location is popular & stays very busy from open to past closing, which generally overwhelms the staff (kitchen cooks & wait staff). It's worth the wait, though! I've tried most everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. I love that they give every table their own carafe of coffee, so you never have to wait for hot refills!

Tips:

Note that parking is available in the nearby covered garage, and the restaurant validates your ticket, so don't bother trying to use the metered street parking.

Not recommended for a "quick" bite to eat, especially if you are on a lunch break from work...I've never been able to eat here in under an hour...it's always at least an hour and a half minimum....but yummy!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

Had a chance to stop in for breakfast before a conference in Decatur. I had the Eggs Benedict and they were excellent. Service was great and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My girlfriend and I met for breakfast this morning at J. Christopher's and it definitely won't be the last. We both had the "Traditional", i.e., 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes or grits (or you could substitute fruit) and toast, biscuit or english muffin. I like my scrambled eggs soft and these were perfect (especially when you can add cheese), my bacon cooked but not breakable (again perfect), English muffin (again perfect) and fruit. The fruit had cantelope, honeydew, strawberries, grapes and pineapple and all the fruit was tasty. AND a carafe of coffee. My girlfriend had the same but with potatoes and hers was scarfed down as was mine. Food done right and priced reasonably. And coffee. Did I mention the carafe of coffee?