“Great food, but service is VERY slow”
Review of J Christopher's

J Christopher's
Ranked #94 of 423 Restaurants in Decatur
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a great breakfast/brunch/lunch experience, look no further than the Decatur J Christopher's location! Just be prepared to spend at least 2 hours, as this location is popular & stays very busy from open to past closing, which generally overwhelms the staff (kitchen cooks & wait staff). It's worth the wait, though! I've tried most everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. I love that they give every table their own carafe of coffee, so you never have to wait for hot refills!

Tips:

Note that parking is available in the nearby covered garage, and the restaurant validates your ticket, so don't bother trying to use the metered street parking.

Not recommended for a "quick" bite to eat, especially if you are on a lunch break from work...I've never been able to eat here in under an hour...it's always at least an hour and a half minimum....but yummy!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

Had a chance to stop in for breakfast before a conference in Decatur. I had the Eggs Benedict and they were excellent. Service was great and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My girlfriend and I met for breakfast this morning at J. Christopher's and it definitely won't be the last. We both had the "Traditional", i.e., 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes or grits (or you could substitute fruit) and toast, biscuit or english muffin. I like my scrambled eggs soft and these were perfect (especially when you can add cheese), my bacon cooked but not breakable (again perfect), English muffin (again perfect) and fruit. The fruit had cantelope, honeydew, strawberries, grapes and pineapple and all the fruit was tasty. AND a carafe of coffee. My girlfriend had the same but with potatoes and hers was scarfed down as was mine. Food done right and priced reasonably. And coffee. Did I mention the carafe of coffee?

Reviewed 16 November 2015

In the past I have had good and bit so good visits to J. Christopers. IT had been awhile since my last visit I was looking for a comfortable place to have an early morning breakfast on a Sunday before heading to Church. I had a chapter left to read for a book discussion that was being held after service.So I thought J Christophers would be quiet and comfortable. It was! A carafe of coffee arrived quickly. Great. I ove being able to refill my own mug when I need my coffee topped off.
I scanned the menu. I opted for an omelet that had spinach, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and goat cheese. To go with it I chose the potato option.
I also selected a pancake for a small additional fee to replace the english muffin.
The pancake was lovely, light, buttery and HUGE!
The omelet was so disappointing It was dry, not fluffy. No moisture. So sad. The potatoes even worse. Fried. No seasoning, Over cooked.
When the server came to check on me and asked how everything was I asked her to remove my plate. I had managed to eat approx 1/3. I explained the omelet was too dry.She didnt offer to bring me anything else, I didnt pursue it either. Next time I will go back to either Sweet Melissa's or Pastries a Go Go. I rarely write really negative reviews. I usually attempt to find something good about every establishment. So, as I said, The coffee was great!

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

My neighbor and I went over last Tuesday and had breakfast and it was delicious. I got the Eggs Benedict and Fruit and she got eggs with bacon and toast. We both enjoyed coffee. We go periodically for breakfast and I always forget to do a review. I never have had a bad meal there, but I am a creature of habit when it comes to eating here I get the same thing. This is the reason for the four.

Been to J Christopher's? Share your experiences!