“Great local pub!”

Cuisines: Armenian, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We've come here dozens of times and it never disappoints. My wife and I come here to hang out and also to meet friends. Honestly we first came for the beer specials, but along the way learned they have a wonderful menu including fresh produce from the farmer's market. They always have true pints available and rotating beers including some hard to find ones. They also have a great internet jukebox which we love to play in the evenings. This pub has a strong following of regulars and they are all very welcoming - be sure to say hello to Robert, the owner's father as he is always at the bar. Additionally they have a pool table, foosball and darts when you feel like a challenge. Overall this is a great local place tucked away off of College and worth the visit!

1  Thank Ryan B

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a genuine pub. It's a bar.

But, it has much better food than a typical bar. Their Vegetarian Cuban is a great sandwich and apparently one of their specialties, along with the other Cuban with meat in it.

I say hard to find because their tiny little sign out front is very hard to see. I would suggest slowing down to 10 mph when the GPS says you are close. It's there - you just can't see it.

They can handle larger groups by moving table around.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Corner Pub isn't the fanciest and your food might be served on chipped plates, but you will never leave disappointed. After dozens of visits, I've come to love this place. The food is always good (sometimes great!), with a pretty good selection of beer and wine. Brunch on the weekends is phenomenal!! Service is super friendly more often than not, and once the severs get to know and recognize you they are very welcoming and will chit chat. I sure wish they hadn't removed the foosball table though! Friends and I used to look forward to foosball matches, but alas, no more. Corner Pub is kinda like Cheers in Decatur. Good place!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I must say that the food is pretty good. And as an Irishman, I have to say that they treat a Guinness with all due respect. They do know how to pour a “proper pint.” And according to our server, they shop for all of their veggies at the local farmers market and prepare each dish when ordered.

I had the Cuban sandwich with a side of rice and black beans. They said it was served on a hoagie roll. It was more like a toasted baguette; sliced on the bias. I know, love and cook traditional Cuban food. There was nothing traditional about this dish, especially the mayo on the ‘un-pressed’ sandwich. The rice with black beans was just that, white rice with a serving of regular black beans over the top: No seasoning.

My wife and stepson both enjoyed their meals. My wife had the fried okra which was off the charts: Absolutely fresh and absolutely excellent. The only problem being that they split the pods lengthwise and they don’t remove the stem head. I would advise that they remove this part as it is inedible. When people try to eat it by holding the head, they loose a lot of that beautiful crisp coating which has been perfectly prepared and fried.

That being said, all-in-all, everything was pretty good. God bless.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The food at Corner Pub was delicious. It was a step above your usual pub food. I had catfish tacos and fried okra. Two friends had pulled pork, and another had sliders. All of the meals were very good. A friend I was eating with has Celiacs, and she was impressed by the extensive gluten-free menu. For those who are extremely allergic however, the waitress told us that there are not separate cookers for the gluten-free items.

Plenty of parking and some outdoor seating. Restroom was clean.