“First visit and great experience”
Review of Madras Mantra

Madras Mantra
Ranked #33 of 423 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At the recommendation of my son, my wife, son and I took a visit and had an excellent experience.

A very pleasant place, a wide selection of Indian dishes, all vegetarian, yet you could find almost anything that you want. The Samosas were first rate, a definite to try. Sorry, but I am not that familiar with the dish names, but everyone was great. We had ample food, enough to take home. Four Taj beers and only a $70 bill.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Had buffet lunch and thali meals for dinner. Both were delicious and sumptuous. Table service was pleasant. Would like to come next time, definitely.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We came for a friend's daughter graduation and took the buffet. Really nice and hot spread of various south Indian dishes with a few north Indian dishes as well. They served us fresh naan at the table. Waiters were very attentive and nice. For a large group that we were, absolutely no complaints. We have been there twice since then.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Went after reading all reviews ,1 star for the ambience .Ordered I iddly and madras coffee .Iddly was too cold with no taste and the chutneys came with it ,honestly made me think what it was .There were supposed to be coconut chutney which tasted like some think powder with water and ginger chutney which was awful and some thing more and ya Sam bar .I ate barely once spoon iddly and sipped the madras coffee which just water mixed with it light some coffee powder with tinge of milk .Sorry it was not all upto mark .Wasted my time driving up there for Indian food

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had kind of given up on Indian restaurants because we were so put off with the stale food and terrible service and horrible ambiance. But this Saturday we decided to give this joint a try, and were pleasantly surprised - the food was very well prepared and service wasn't too bad. Most Indian restaurants look shabby on the inside but this restaurant had nice lighting and decor. We ordered the chili paneer dosa (which wasn't on their lunch menu - but they agreed to make it for us - nice gesture), mantra basket - which was a chaat (snack item made with yogurt) and idly/vada sambar combo and salt lassis. Everything was really yummy! The sambar and chutneys were not watered down which was a nice change from some of the other Indian restaurants we have been to.

Been to Madras Mantra? Share your experiences!