“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #32 of 412 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This is by far the best Indian food I have ever tried. Wonderful depth of flavors! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

After a hectic first half in Atlanta in business meetings, our group of about 7 craved for some authentic India food. One of our colleagues requested for Dosa and off we went to Madras Mantra – about 20 mile drive from our meeting venue. The drive seemed fairly long and our hunger just made it worse. During the journey, we hoped that food would justify the travel involved.

Parking was not a problem as there was a huge parking lot in front of the restaurant.
Our group took the buffet – which was fairly economical and had a fairly good spread of North Indian and South Indian Dishes.

For the south Indian food lovers, there was the standard Idli/wada along with Sambhar/Chutney. They also brought freshly made Masala Dosas for us.

For the north Indian lovers, there was Naan, Dal Makhani and few other curries. Naans were quite good and so were the curries.

At the end, we had gulab jamun that were quite delicious. I ate quite a few.

The place was fairly large with sizeable seating capacity and a fairly decent crowd on a weekday lunch to boast.

Overall, despite the effort involved in driving all the way from Atlanta, it was a meal worth the drive.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for the vegetarian south Indian food. The buffet lunch has very good choices. The food is good. The service is excellent. Good ambience. Excellent price. The staff was very helpful in assisting me to find a ride to get back to downtown Atlanta. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

South Indian restaurants have finally come of age in the USA thanks mainly to Saravanna Bhavan that have sprouted in many cities. Surprisingly there is no Saravanna Bhavan in Atlanta. But not to worry, there is Madras Mantra, as good if not better. Ironically, it was named Madras Saravanna Bhavan before it got into legal trouble.

The idlis and the rawa dosa were the best I have eaten any where, in India or outside! And the prices are very reasonable. Also, it is far cleaner and better kept than any Saravanna Bhavan.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I pass this restaurant for years commuting to and from work . I finally stopped in for quick bite to eat and I was glad I did.The decor is sparkling.The food is delicious! Wonderfully spiced and not overpowering. We left the restaurant planning to return with friends and family.

Been to Madras Mantra? Share your experiences!