“Thali was too good”

Ranked #24 of 379 Restaurants in Decatur
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We went for dinner and had thali's which tastes really good.
Best indian restaurant in Atlanta.
My Parents normally they dont like indian food outside but they really liked Madras Mantra food. We are plannin to go there for Buffet too.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

For Veggie lovers, a full buffet with variety of items is exciting. A big place and still not sufficient for the large crowd turning in for weekend buffet answers the good quality of food at this place. Heard that this is run by same people who run Madras Chettinaad in Alpharetta. Will visit again for the taste and variety.

1  Thank SSekuri
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I sort of rediscovered Madras Mantra Indian restaurant since there had been a break of several years between my recent visit and my last visit. I think it must have gone through several changes in kitchen staff, because I don't remember it being as flavorful and fresh as it is now.
The menu is extensive, with clear descriptions of every dish, so you know all the main ingredients. It's vegetarian, but as an animal protein eater, I didn't miss the meat factor at all. They really know how to combine spices, veggies, yogurt in ways you wouldn't expect. My favorite dishes are dosas, giant pancakes made with garbanzo bean flour and wonderful filings, many with a potato base, but not all. The curries are delicious and the accompanying chutneys are a welcome addition. I can't wait to return. Did I mention that they have a great all-you-can-eat lunch buffet?

1  Thank BailsB43
Reviewed 15 June 2016

This place is just amazing.. specialty is their buffet..It has very good variety and each and everything tastes delicious..
Besides buffet - the dosas and the various charts are amazing..
Me and my husband almost visit this place twice or thrice in a month..

2  Thank chetna m
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We went there for Saturday lunch buffet. Buffet covers all types of South Indian vegetarian cuisine including dosa, idli and vada. They also had a variety of curries and deserts. Good thing is they do not add too much oil or creams and taste is authentic south Indian. Not sure how any one can top this.