All reviews wine bar back porch shrimp boats sweet potato pancakes large porch overlooking the river rocking chairs sea glass skipper's fish camp different theme seafood restaurant parking lot great bed and breakfast treasures room light breakfast my favorite place quiet neighborhood
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I was in Darien to visit family, so I can't claim credit for my discovery of the Darien Waterfront Inn; someone else booked my room, and what a stroke of luck that was for me! JoAnn and Kelly were the ideal B&B hosts for my trip - friendly, helpful, and personable, but not intrusive. I'm not a morning person but JoAnn quickly became my new best friend. She actually bakes (the strawberry bread is fabulous), offers fresh fruit, and on the weekends, she made ham & cheese quiche! I wasn't able to play tourist myself, but other guests appreciated JoAnn's knowledge of the area, the islands, the ferry schedule, and coupons from local restaurants. My room was spacious, very comfortable (great bed), well-equipped (free wi-fi) - and what's not to like about a back porch with deck chairs? I hope to return to Darien for another visit, and I'd love to stay here again - this time, by my own choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LCM-NYC
Reviewed 14 March 2012

At the outset let me say many of the positive comments made by others are accurate although our breakfast was not hot. The Inn has many nice features. Unfortunately it also has a problem, at least with unit #5. This unit is long with two double beds. It seems to be on the other side of two separate smaller rooms. The wall is quite thin, and as a result we could hear everything in those rooms throughout the night.I am not going to comment on the details further. All I can say is that as a light sleeper I did not have good night's rest and this was unfortunate because i had to drive several hundred miles the next day.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the end of the building. But, if you are light sleeper I'd advise trying another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wabanrail
DarienWaterfrontInn, Owner at Darien Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not have a restful night with us. Within the past few months we made many improvements with sound-proofing our goal. We eliminated doors between the rooms and insulated the walls. We have a unique space here and have worked very hard to make it a comfortable place for our guests to enjoy. We are very proud of our Inn and are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
JoAnn Viera, Owner Darien Waterfront Inn.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We loved the Waterfront Inn. Darien was a new destination for us. We planned to do some kayaking and Joanne graciously allowed us to use hers so we didn't have to transport ours all the way from home in North Georgia. She also was helpful with finding a guide for us for some of the lesser known waterways. Joanne suggested several close by sites to see during our free time and all were interesting. The Inn itself is charming, clean, quiet and located close to the water and several nice local restaurants and shops. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. Plenty of room. We enjoyed lunch from the Olive Affair on the deck outside our room with a nice view of the river. The breakfasts were yummy! Joanne's Strawberry Bread is fantastic! We would go back to Darien just for more of it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Machelle1977
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We made a return visit to The Watherfront Inn and it was as enjoyable as before. Joanne and Kelly make you feel so at home in their B&B. She has done a lot to improve the inn in the last year and we had a great return visit. We loved the king size bed with the classic linens and the large bathroom. Her delicious hot breakfasts were a great start to our day and it was a treat to sit on the porch and have a cocktail each afternoon as we enjoyed the river views and the other guests. She also introduced us to a wonderful restaurant in walking distance of the inn called the Darien River House. Chef and owner Eric Lynch provided a wonderful end to a great day. His restaurant features delicious beef and seafood dishes in a charming old Georgia home. Our stay in Darien, Georgia was one of the highlights of our trip south and we hope to return next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben0913
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We just spent the weekend at the Waterfront Inn for a quick getaway. The owner Joanne could not have been more helpful in both responding to my requests prior to arrival, then provided us with a variety of ideas and suggestions once we arrived. The Inn is a work in progress with continous upgrades being made, and more planned. We were in the Magnolia room which we enjoyed as it was at the end of the building with access to the back porch and interior hallway, and the outside wall had two big picture windows. Both mornings we had great breakfasts which included homemade fresh baked bread and quiches, as well as a variety of cereals, fruit salad. Our only regret is that it was a cold weekend and we were not able to sit outside on the huge back deck and enjoy the beautiful river views, but we could still view the river from the comfy chairs in our room sitting by the back door to our room !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple