“Nice hotel and soft comfy beds”

Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dahlonega
jacksonville, fl
“Nice hotel and soft comfy beds”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Nice,clean hotel with comfy soft beds. Stayed after hiking for three days and was pleased. Nice breakfast in the morning too. Messed up my credit card, but fixed it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Gwen H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do apologize for the credit card problem. We strive to make every guests' experience is a good one. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rockford
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband travels all over for work. We stay in nothing but HIE. I have to say that this is by far the worst I have ever seen! Looks as if someone bought out a old motel and converted it into a HIE. If by all means try to stay away from the Gas station side, They make "gas drops" and your room will reak for hours of gasoline! Dont freak out though, the front desk will assure you that it is normal and its perfectly fine to breathe in Gas fumes..Dont believe her call the fire marshall she says. Seriously lady? The views of the Mountains are nice as well as the town. The rooms suck and are ugly! The Super 8 looked better on the inside than this joint. Stay away!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Jami B,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel appearance as well as your room accommodations less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Dahlonega hotels

Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed next door at the Days Inn and wished I had stayed here. Keith at the front desk help us with pulling an e-mail and sending a fax for a prospective job, which my boyfriend ended up getting. The Days Inn needs to walk in that lobby and see what a "Renovated" hotel looks like. If I were you...I would stay here and if you get Keith for check in, he is awesome. He treated us with the respect of paying guests even after we told him we were staying next door. Next time I travel to Dahlonega, I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Chestatee, no questions asked.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kardazzy
Gwen H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your comment. Keith is amazing and we are glad that he was able to help you. We look forward to your next visit to Dahlonega and we look foward to you staying with us.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I booked a room several days in advance for a wedding I was attending and I was told there would not be a cancellation fee - no need to do anything. I had a severe allergic reaction and was not able to attend. I didn't think anything of it until I received by credit card bill with a charge of $132.00!! When I called, the front desk lady/manager Diane was extremely rude and told me there was no way her employee would have told me that there was no cancellation fee. When I told her maybe the employee made a mistake, she said there was "no way he would make that mistake" and called me a liar. When I stated that sometimes employees make mistakes and I was positive I had asked about cancel fees, she said that was "impossible" and that I was wrong and every single hotel in the entire world(!!) charges cancellation fees. After a heated argument, I asked for the corporate number to make a complaint.

I explained to the corporate office that I had been sick and was unable to attend and had been given no indication that there would be a cancellation charge (full cost for the over priced room). She was very nice and sympathetic and I confirmed that I could get a doctors note proving I was ill. She said that the Hotel owner or GM would call me to discuss and I would possibly have to provide the doctors note. That was over a week ago and I haven't heard from anyone. I will never stay at any H.I. Express ever.

Be sure to stay away from "Diane" at this location--Rudest woman on the face of the earth.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Overpriced and extremely rude staff.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank K E
coastal georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2011

If we had seen our room ahead of time..we would not have stayed here. Usually you do not have to ask with HI X-press. But once we got in..too much trouble to move. Over all...things needed to be upgraded. We felt the price was too high for the location...and the condition of the room.....and felt moreso after we saw the room. We asked for an upgrade..which we were given..but the suite was not great. The old TV was only viewable from a little side room..which had an uncomfortable love seat. The ref. was not turned on. There was only one person on the front end who was friendly and acted as if they were glad to see us. The front end people did not know that much about the area....and did not have local info. We might have stayed another day if conditions had been different. Also, it was noisy...close to a busy street. The "guest" computer was not available..because it was located in a room that had been rented to some gold venders. Another computer was not available for use.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank georgiagull
Gwen H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your concerns about your stay. We strive to make every visit enjoyable for our guests. We have taken your comments and are using them to better our guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dahlonega
0.1 km away
19.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dahlonega? Share your experiences!