“Great place”

Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #4 of 47 things to do in Dahlonega
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lunch in the dining room had beautiful views. Wine tasting was fun. Food was good. Hiking around the vineyard was very enjoyable and the mountain views were beautiful. Would definitely go again.

All reviews
in 59 reviews
"winery"
in 95 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had previously visited Wolf Mtn with a large group, and had brunch. My husband and I did a wine tasting and enjoyed a delightful lunch overlooking the mountains. Definitely worth a trip back !

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I make sure to visit this winery every time I go to the mountains. The staff is knowledgeable and attentive, the wine is fabulous and the scenery is unsurpassed!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I had some out-of-town family visiting for the weekend so we drove up to Wolf Mountain as it was a beautiful day and they have great views. As we entered a woman (I assume the owner) asked what she could help us with - in a tone that was less helpful and more irritated at our presence. As we were led to the tasting room one of my guests overheard this woman make a sound of annoyance. In the 25 minutes we were there we were then told no less than three times they were doing a hard close at 5 due to a wine club dinner. We completely understood and rushed through our glass of wine. As we were just getting ready to leave yet another staff member came to our table and said "I need you to wrap things up. We have a wine club dinner and need everyone out at 5." And she walked away. Wow! There are so many more polite ways she could have handled the situation! But I guess if the owner/managers display that behavior staff will too. We found it laughable that as we left we spied a sign on the wall that read "We like to serve NICE people!" Guess what, Wolf Mountain, we like to patronize nice people!" Very disappointed in your less than gracious, inhospitable attitude.

5  Thank Melissa M
Lindsey S, Manager at Wolf Mountain Vineyards & Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit this past weekend. This is definitely not how we want our patrons to feel upon arriving or leaving our family owned and operated winery as we want everyone to feel welcomed. We do close every day at 5pm regardless of evening events, but our tasting room staff should have conveyed that to your group in a much more hospitable way. Also I wanted to clarify what you heard as you were walking to the tasting room, was not directed to your group in any way. (In another review posted on Yelp, I realized what your group was referring to!) We apologize your experience was much less than positive and we hope that you would give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.