“Best Mexican I've had in a long time”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #27 of 87 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 December 2017

And I eat a lot of Mexican! Another cute restaurant in downtown Dahlonega. Very fresh food, the salsa, chips, and queso were excellent.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I put in another "to go" order for the Fajitas. The price did go up, and they do charge a 50 cent "to go" charge, but I really do not mind at all. Everyone in the restaurant are awesome. They are so friendly and helpful. This time my wife and I had lunch and dinner from this same order. I even had a couple of cups left over of the order, (after we ate lunch and dinner) and I froze it. A couple of days later I defrosted it and put it in a Frittata that I made, and it was delicious. I love this restaurant and their food. The cooks are awesome and the servers are friendly, professional, and drop dead gorgeous.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My wife and I recently added a new puppy (Dixie) to our family. So now we do not go out to eat as much, but we can still enjoy take out. We were hoping our favorite restaurant for fajitas would be able to make their take out as good as it is as sitting down in the restaurant. And they did!! The takeout for the Texas Fajitas for Two, were just as good as eating it in the restaurant! Yeah! They even added separate containers of salsa and chips without even asking them. I love this restaurant!! And the two of us were still able to eat two meals from this one serving of Texas fajitas for two.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I dined here a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time - and asked the server if the meal I wanted to order (veggie fajitas) was vegetarian. She assured me the meal was vegetarian and I ate heartily - even took the leftovers home - something I rarely do.

A couple of weeks later, I took my husband there - telling him how great my "vegetarian" meal was. DH, who is vegan, always triple checks that there are no hidden animal products. THIS time, our server went and asked the chef if our meals were indeed "vegetarian". Turns out, they cook their beans and rice in chicken broth. The server asked if this was "ok". Are you kidding?

I expressed my considerable frustration that I had eaten there just a couple of weeks prior and was ASSURED that my meal was "vegetarian". Apparently that same meal 2 weeks later no longer was. So, unless they suddenly changed their cooking methods (which the server gave no indication that was the case), they served me a chicken broth based meal and told me it was vegetarian.

Do they not know where CHICKEN broth comes from?

Disgusted and disappointed. Will not eat there again. I sincerely hope my earlier visit was a case of ignorance and not willful deceit.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A full parking lot indicated we should eat here. A delay with our order brought the owner to our table and he and our waitress did everything possible to ease our wait....even complimentary tequila shots! Very good food and excellent service equals 5 stars!