“Take out is also awesome!”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #31 of 91 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 September 2017

My wife and I recently added a new puppy (Dixie) to our family. So now we do not go out to eat as much, but we can still enjoy take out. We were hoping our favorite restaurant for fajitas would be able to make their take out as good as it is as sitting down in the restaurant. And they did!! The takeout for the Texas Fajitas for Two, were just as good as eating it in the restaurant! Yeah! They even added separate containers of salsa and chips without even asking them. I love this restaurant!! And the two of us were still able to eat two meals from this one serving of Texas fajitas for two.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I dined here a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time - and asked the server if the meal I wanted to order (veggie fajitas) was vegetarian. She assured me the meal was vegetarian and I ate heartily - even took the leftovers home - something I rarely do.

A couple of weeks later, I took my husband there - telling him how great my "vegetarian" meal was. DH, who is vegan, always triple checks that there are no hidden animal products. THIS time, our server went and asked the chef if our meals were indeed "vegetarian". Turns out, they cook their beans and rice in chicken broth. The server asked if this was "ok". Are you kidding?

I expressed my considerable frustration that I had eaten there just a couple of weeks prior and was ASSURED that my meal was "vegetarian". Apparently that same meal 2 weeks later no longer was. So, unless they suddenly changed their cooking methods (which the server gave no indication that was the case), they served me a chicken broth based meal and told me it was vegetarian.

Do they not know where CHICKEN broth comes from?

Disgusted and disappointed. Will not eat there again. I sincerely hope my earlier visit was a case of ignorance and not willful deceit.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A full parking lot indicated we should eat here. A delay with our order brought the owner to our table and he and our waitress did everything possible to ease our wait....even complimentary tequila shots! Very good food and excellent service equals 5 stars!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The Texas Fajitas for two are awesome! The Masters of Food (Cooks) have this dish perfected. Every time it is prepared deliciously, and served quickly. Taylor was our waitress and she was fantastic. She gave us great personal and friendly attention, taking care of all of our dining needs.

This restaurant is so close to UNG, you almost think it is part of the university. Inside is very comfortable and relaxing. There is always plenty of servers to help you and the food is always prepared quickly and perfectly. The entire Staff always welcome you with a smile. Everyone really looks like they really enjoy working at this establishment. It makes for a great place to get a bite to eat and relax.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

It has been way too long since we visited this excellent restaurant located right next to the University of North Georgia. The Texas Fajitas for two are still the best around, and still priced at $19.99. A great price considering you have enough food for two separate meals. That is if you can manage to take some home. Sometimes that is just too hard, they are so good. The crew in the kitchen prepare these fajitas the same every time we have had them. I do not know how they do it. They are masters of food! The servers are well, perfect. My wife and I arrived early on a Friday evening and the servers were in full force getting ready for a busy night. There must have been at least 8 different young ladies gracefully running around waiting on tables. I cannot recall the last time I witnessed such a good looking bunch of servers acting so professional and friendly. They are awesome! Our main sever was Gabbie, and she had a flair to her all of her own. She was very interesting to watch. Of course she performed her job flawlessly. You could see the owner/manager keeping a close eye on the whole operation. My hats off to him, I would guess he hired all of these awesome employees!