“Well Done Greek Food!”

Capers on the Square, Inc
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Description: Capers on the Square in Dahlonega offers Mediterranean Fare in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains.
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Our family stopped in for dinner this evening. The staff was very accommodating to us and made room. The dining room is quaint and homey so seating was at a bit of a premium. Nonetheless, the owner made some room and sat us within 5 minutes. The first thing I’d like to say is the kids cleaned their plates which is a rarity for us. Secondly, the moussaka was great. Being extremely familiar with the dish having prepared and cooked it a ton I was intrigued. Also realizing that different family’s recipes are all different translations of the same thing I was excited. When the dish arrived and we tasted it I went back to a kitchen where I started my culinary career. It’s funny how the little things make you happy. The gyro we had was a bit more old world traditional. It wasn’t pressed lamb and beef with breading, spice and egg binders. It was actually shaved whole leg of lamb. I like both styles but this was an excellent take on a classic. The Greek Potato’s were a little different then I’m used to but excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone passing through and looking for a great meal. I don’t often post, I’m a restaurateur and like to be honest. If I don’t have anything positive to say I keep it to myself or discuss it with the owners. When it’s exceptional I like to give credit!!

Thanks Guys,

Colby, Rich & Kids!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Had just dropped a child off at a nearby camp and decided to stop and see where we might eat on the square. Walked around to a few places checking out their menus. When we saw Mediterranean we went on in without even looking at the menu as we love the cuisine. Capers is a very small place and now, after looking at other reviews, we realize we were fortunate to walk in and get a table without a wait. It quickly filled up though. Our server was friendly and when she got busy, the bartender came over to pick up any slack. The food was delicious and portions hearty. Hummus was heavy on the garlic but we loved it - both it and the flatbread served warm. I had the spanakopita which was excellent along with a generous sized side salad. Daughter had a large serving of Moussaka which was delicious. Can't wait to try again.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This is by far my favorite place to eat in Dahlonega. The food is superb but the real treat this time was the lovely bartender that served us. Didn’t catch or remember the name. I mean.... but the created the old fashioned that is on the menu. She was a great bartender and excellent server. I’m impressed with the whole place. The salmon is wonderful and those green beans with the sun-dried tomatoes. So good. Thanks for the fantastic experience!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely local touch with service, delicious Mediterranean mule cocktail w/ rosemary and salmon w/capers and sun dried tomatoes. Salad dressings were creative and we loved the cozy atmosphere and lighting. Sit up front or mid for street views.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were here for BRAG and this was one of my favorite restaurants for the entire week. The food was tasty and fresh. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was classic and clean. We cannot wait to go back. best if you have a reservation.