“One of my rare excellent ratings!”

Capers on the Square, Inc
Ranked #12 of 89 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Description: Capers on the Square in Dahlonega offers Mediterranean Fare in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains.
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Had just dropped a child off at a nearby camp and decided to stop and see where we might eat on the square. Walked around to a few places checking out their menus. When we saw Mediterranean we went on in without even looking at the menu as we love the cuisine. Capers is a very small place and now, after looking at other reviews, we realize we were fortunate to walk in and get a table without a wait. It quickly filled up though. Our server was friendly and when she got busy, the bartender came over to pick up any slack. The food was delicious and portions hearty. Hummus was heavy on the garlic but we loved it - both it and the flatbread served warm. I had the spanakopita which was excellent along with a generous sized side salad. Daughter had a large serving of Moussaka which was delicious. Can't wait to try again.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This is by far my favorite place to eat in Dahlonega. The food is superb but the real treat this time was the lovely bartender that served us. Didn’t catch or remember the name. I mean.... but the created the old fashioned that is on the menu. She was a great bartender and excellent server. I’m impressed with the whole place. The salmon is wonderful and those green beans with the sun-dried tomatoes. So good. Thanks for the fantastic experience!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely local touch with service, delicious Mediterranean mule cocktail w/ rosemary and salmon w/capers and sun dried tomatoes. Salad dressings were creative and we loved the cozy atmosphere and lighting. Sit up front or mid for street views.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were here for BRAG and this was one of my favorite restaurants for the entire week. The food was tasty and fresh. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was classic and clean. We cannot wait to go back. best if you have a reservation.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

When I was a young kid growing up in Tampa my parents loved to take excursions to the Tarpon Springs area on weekends to go to the beach and then stop in one of the local Greek restaurants for a meal out. Walking into Capers reminded me a lot of those times back almost fifty years ago.

Capers sit on the Dahlonega Square and can be easily passed by if you are not looking for it. I would classify this as a hidden gem. I had bookmarked this on Yelp shortly after relocating to Dawsonville and we were glad we finally made the trip to check this out.

Our server was friendly and helpful despite it taking some time for our order to be served. If there was anything to detract from a 5-Star rating it would have been the long time to get our food. It took roughly 20 minutes from the time we sat down before our order was taken and it was almost an hour from our arrival time before our order was brought out to our table. There was not a crowd at the time we visited but there was a birthday party in the back dining area and it may have been for a staff member or a family member. We actually had started to pick up our personal items and find another place since we had not seen a server in some time just as food began coming out to other patrons.

Once our food was brought to the table we were amazed at the portion sizes. My wife and I ordered the Gyro with fries and our adult son who is a bottomless pit ordered a burger. We easily could have ordered one Gyro and probably all ate until we were filled and content.

The $10 Gyro came with a side of your choice and we chose the fries. Super fresh, served hot and loaded. While the Gyro was more than we could eat the fries were delicious and you could not pass them by. Make sure to ask for a to-go box when you order as we ate lunch here and then had dinner again that evening with the leftovers. Our son had a burger plate which was the same price and looked great, cooked to the doneness of your liking. He actually had trouble finishing it all.

As we got ready to leave the owner, Tommy greeted us and asked if we were traveling or visiting. We told him we were local and would be returning. He gave us a firm handshake and invited us back and to ask for him when we return.

Definitely a place we will frequent and they deserve all 5 Stars!