“Great Mediterranean Restaurant on the Square”

Capers on the Square, Inc
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Dahlonega
Description: Capers on the Square in Dahlonega offers Mediterranean Fare in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Rick Whorf is back with great food at Capers in the site of the old Dante's on the Square. Mostly Greek, but with other Mediterranean choices. Gyros are pieces of lamb, not gyro meat. Excellent wraps! The baba ghanoush is excellent.

Have not been disappointed at any of my multiple visits. It has become a regular place for lunch or dinner. An expanded menu is planned for the future with more goodies.

2  Thank tlamb3

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This was the best dining experience I had while in Dahlonega. I was in town on business but was dining with friends and this was a great place to break bread! We had a large group and they handled us quickly and I was extremely impressed! I got there later than everyone else and had to place my order late but my food came at the same time. This was a job well done and the food was great too! Try the cherry martini! Will definitely go back next year!

1  Thank Southerncharming
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Went for lunch since we wanted to try the newest place in town. Had the calamari appetizer which was perfectly prepared- not too cooked and not too chewy. Had the tuna sandwich and wife had the gyro. Both sandwiches were served on what appeared to be home made flat breads and the portions were huge. My tuna was a very well sized portion on the sandwich. Had green beans for a side but you can choose many options for sides. Did not go away hungry. Great attentive service too!

1  Thank impromptutraveler
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I had the Crunchy Tuna flatbread - be sure and get this instead of the Tuna steak (which was good but this was better) because the condiments it is served with are wonderful. Lovely fresh tuna steak cooked to perfection. Service was very good with the owners coming out to make sure we satisfied. Planning to go here often when we are in town.

1  Thank nogatraveler
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

First off, some of the best service we received in Dahlonega so far! These guys were friendly, gave great recommendations, and kept us entertained during our lunch stop here.
If I had to give you any advice, it is this...order the Mediterranean Mule! It is absolutely refreshing and delicious. They do their own fig infused vodka and it seals the deal. The food is great as well.
From what we are told, this is only their second week open, and if they continue, no doubt they'll be successful! Thanks for
making lunch really great for us.

2  Thank Joni D