All reviews state park screened in porch golf course cypress grill villa room pontoon boat jet ski the main lodge military museum two double beds live entertainment nice weekend can rent boats insect repellent bike riding on site restaurant short line
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Planned a much needed break from life, found the Romance package on website and took a chance at a state park because we were in the area. To say they have exceeded our expectations is the least we could say. Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room when we arrived. At Cordelias we had a wonderful dinner with dessert. A great visit!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Deana W,

Lake Blackshear Resort IS a great place to take a break from life, but it can be pretty exhilarating too. We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Fond regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on a tip from a friend when I had business nearby. Said I’d probably enjoy it more than some of the chains in Cordele. I did. I stayed in a lodge room. It was great. I’d give it five stars for value and cleanliness. I only give five stars all around for true five star resorts. This is a wonderful place on a very beautiful lake with friendly staff. Restaurant was very good not great but again better than most chain options nearby and I bet better than most in the area except maybe down in Albany. The marina restaurant was closed because it was a Monday and I’ve heard it’s really good room. Key question for me always is would I go back? No question I would. I don’t understand some of the negative reviews. Granted I didn’t stay in a villa or elsewhere but the lodge was really really nice. Huge room with two nice beds and a great view of the lake. Try it!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank ALTrvlr
Jason S, General Manager at Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear ALTrvlr,

We appreciate your kind comments, and are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Lake Blackshear Resort!

Best,

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My family and I stay every year. And most years it was nice. But this year was a game changer. Cottages are awful... I stayed in #2 and it was infested with roaches, bedding stained with holes, sofa bed mattress looked like it came from dump and was broken. Grass was knee high... Prices are going up every year but condition of cottages go down. I will not stay again until the cottages are updated or rebuilt. Management must not ever go out and actually check to see what condition these are in before renting them out. CHECK OUT BEFORE RENTING.... O STARS

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank tammy g

Dear tammy g,

We were very troubled to see your post here, as what you experienced is sub-standard in anyone's book! I am sorry that you were not able to reach out to me while you were here, but I hope that you might give me a call to discuss at (229)401-1206. Our cabin are definitely rustic, but cleanliness is entirely within our control. We are hopeful to be performing cabin renovations in the coming year at the resort, and as a regular guest, you might be happy to hear this.

Most humbly,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The place is okay, just okay at best. The beds are small and mattresses are old. The rooms feel like military housing. The horizontal AC in the room leaked and I fell on a puddle that formed on the tile.

The buffet breakfast is crazy over priced, dirty, and disorganized. Would NEVER stay again. In fact, wouldn't stay anywhere near Cordele...didn't like the town and watched a crack deal go down.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CreagP

Dear CreagP,

Very sorry to hear that your experience at the resort failed to meet your expectations on multiple levels. The leaking AC is of particular concern, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like your trip all the way into town was not a positive experience either. Thank you for sharing your experience, as it will help us improve the experience for future guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I stay here frequently when hunting nearby, and the lodge and villas are nice, clean, and they offer a 25% discount to veterans (appropriate as they are located in Veteran's State Park). The restaurant, Cordelia's, is absolutely wonderful - their menu rivals much more expensive restaurants in downtown Atlanta, a rare gem in rural South Georgia.

Date of stay: December 2017

Dear Bill S,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience at Lake Blackshear Resort.

Best,