All reviews state park screened in porch golf course cypress grill villa room pontoon boat jet ski the main lodge beautiful property military museum two double beds live entertainment nice weekend can rent boats insect repellent bike riding short line
Reviewed 17 June 2018

My family and I stay every year. And most years it was nice. But this year was a game changer. Cottages are awful... I stayed in #2 and it was infested with roaches, bedding stained with holes, sofa bed mattress looked like it came from dump and was broken. Grass was knee high... Prices are going up every year but condition of cottages go down. I will not stay again until the cottages are updated or rebuilt. Management must not ever go out and actually check to see what condition these are in before renting them out. CHECK OUT BEFORE RENTING.... O STARS

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank tammy g
Jason S, General Manager at Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear tammy g,

We were very troubled to see your post here, as what you experienced is sub-standard in anyone's book! I am sorry that you were not able to reach out to me while you were here, but I hope that you might give me a call to discuss at (229)401-1206. Our cabin are definitely rustic, but cleanliness is entirely within our control. We are hopeful to be performing cabin renovations in the coming year at the resort, and as a regular guest, you might be happy to hear this.

Most humbly,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The place is okay, just okay at best. The beds are small and mattresses are old. The rooms feel like military housing. The horizontal AC in the room leaked and I fell on a puddle that formed on the tile.

The buffet breakfast is crazy over priced, dirty, and disorganized. Would NEVER stay again. In fact, wouldn't stay anywhere near Cordele...didn't like the town and watched a crack deal go down.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear CreagP,

Very sorry to hear that your experience at the resort failed to meet your expectations on multiple levels. The leaking AC is of particular concern, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like your trip all the way into town was not a positive experience either. Thank you for sharing your experience, as it will help us improve the experience for future guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I stay here frequently when hunting nearby, and the lodge and villas are nice, clean, and they offer a 25% discount to veterans (appropriate as they are located in Veteran's State Park). The restaurant, Cordelia's, is absolutely wonderful - their menu rivals much more expensive restaurants in downtown Atlanta, a rare gem in rural South Georgia.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Bill S,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your positive experience at Lake Blackshear Resort.

Best,

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I attended a school retreat at Lake Blackshear Resort. The villas were beautiful and well maintained. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Would love to go back with the family and enjoy the golf course and Marina.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Virginia T,

Thanks for the great review, and please do come back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Ok, this is a state park. Coral hospitality contracts to run the hotel portion. I am sure if the state government had full discretion, it would look and run a little less cordial. We had a room booked for awhile, and then we saw, right before our trip, the hotel was offering an “ all-inclusive “ deal. I called and booked it for my wife and me in replacement for previous booking. Great choice. In two days we did a lot of activities and could have easily done more if the weather would have cooperated. We ate at the restaurant/bar and the dining area (same menu). The food was fine. The bar service was awesome. The room was nice. The location and views fantastic. Great golf course. The gnats do gnaw at you at Times. Remember this is just below the dreaded “gnat-line” in Georgia and it is recognizable. The overall deal was very worth it and I would do it again in a Georgia minute.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear birdiekevin,

So glad you were able to take advantage of our All Inclusive Package...a pretty sweet deal! We look forward to having you back again real soon!

Kind regards,